Captain
# 21
03-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam83 View Post
Just to let you and everyone else with that word in your fleet name..Flota or Flotta. It sounds stupid, idc if it means fleet or not, use English when spelling out your fleet name please.

Flota is stupid.

Looks like a perfect case of xenophobia!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 22
03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Looks like a perfect case of xenophobia!
that happens when you play a game about 24th century with people from 15 century
Captain
# 23
03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudior1233 View Post
I'd just like to refer people to a podcast given by the main producer. He was talking about -territorial- PVP eventually with PVE mixed in helping to gain territories and the like.
He's been talking that idea up for longer than he's been talking up "promote your first officer" tech.

Unfortunately there's been nothing new on the PVP front since Shantytown, let alone something as comprehensive as territorial competition.

Quote:
My vision of what he meant
Will, sadly, not match what he can deliver.

Quote:
Thoughts?
My thoughts are probably going to echo what I already said, but it seems to have gotten lost in people above (not you) getting sidetracked in an argument about PVP's inherent value in the game itself.

For this expansion to come out, they need to give the Romulans access to PVP. Which means that technically, PVP is going to get some attention. They are tweaking how factions work, and the UI and character creator. There is likely going to be a shift in the PVP interface or mechanics. On a really basic level. BUT, that could be the change needed for them to actually do some PVP development. So no matter what, the OP is incorrect. They are doing something to PVP with this update. It might only be something small. But it will be something. Because the way KvK PvP works demonstrates that the ONLY way they'll have healthy PvP is if they make it available to all three factions in some sort of equitable distribution.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Isn't a fact that there's nothing new for PVP in may? Well that's what im talking about. And yes, PVP is not cheap endcontent. Cheap "endcontent" is adding a new bunch of "Press F" missions, and that's all we're getting in May, sadly.
No, that's not a fact.
It is speculation.
There has been no information one way or another about pvp for May.
As I said before, all your other posts, such as "...so this game still means nothing,"
is merely your opinion
Commander
# 25
03-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudior1233 View Post
I'd just like to refer people to a podcast given by the main producer. He was talking about -territorial- PVP eventually with PVE mixed in helping to gain territories and the like. My vision of what he meant was ala Starfleet Command 1 through 3. I personally think, with all three factions now coming into game, this is probably the future of the game and for PVP, as it would involve everyone.
This wasn't confirmed yet, or anything, only mention by the lead designer, so I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I do believe this is where the game ultimately needs to go. Thoughts?
Now that would be a real game expansion, but frankly far beyond Cryptic's possibilities. Still, this game needs something to make factions, fleet starbases, etc., make any sense. And its "first game expansion" isnt gonna do that.
Captain
# 26
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't know why but right now with the addition of the Romulans i'm thinking in Planet Side 2 and their 3 faction's Territory Control
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Ensign
# 27 Addendum
03-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Just wanted to make sure people knew I meant in the future and not for the May update did I mean the PVP idea. They might be talking up the tech, and I wouldn't have posted this before the announcement of factions, that being true factions if they are that.
And it might be beyond Cryptic's abilities. Frankly a game like that is what I think nearly every MMO needs, although in this one it could be epic. Imagine Cardassians (Which were a lockbox I know but mentioning them anyway), Borg, Dominion, and all of the other factions together battling it out over a map where everything matters from PVP to PVE.
There are even Foundry possibilities for such a thing. I know such a system would not be easy. Furthermore, probably a prerequisite for such a system to be fun would be to balance the ship types before. You would almost have to have that in order to make the combat fun for all the vessels.
It would also open up new mission types, such as real exploring, patrolling that matters, and other types of missions. Heck it would even make things like Iconian invasions and other types of Empires from the different Quadrants really mean something. What I am talking about her is say a territory hexagon or whatever shape they make is owned by a Romulan. An Iconian invasion would work to turn the territory gray so that it was owned by no one.... or possibly turn it a different color to represent that faction.
The biggest hurdle I see in the tech of this would be the UI going from a tactical to a strategic map. That and what to do with the transwarp network and it's colors. Hope I'm not derailing this too much but I can't create threads yet.
Commander
# 28
03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
The problem arent Crpyic's abilities, but the engine they are using for the game that doesnt allow such an trully open-spaced PVP experience. But still, some kind of territory control in a PVP Sector Block with several systems like Khe'rat could do the trick and make us happy.
Career Officer
# 29
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
...so this game still means nothing.
To you, maybe.
Commander
# 30
03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
To you, maybe.
For me for sure, as a gamer, and for anyone with taste for videogames. As a Star Trek fan, I only can love it, of course. I wish I could have both passions fulfilled on a single game. But don't get me wrong, I do love the new expansion, I'd just love to see an integral development (PVE-PVP) and not only PVE.