Republic Veteran
# 21
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I think all of them should be IMO...even if they need to be weaker for it, they are the masters of cloak.
Captain
# 22
03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
The only KDF ships that have battlecloaks are the BoPs - I expect Cryptic to follow the same logic.

There is no way a 37k+ hull ship like the Mogi should be able to battlecloak - that will be overkill

And the D'Deridex - you would not want a battle cloak on that whale - awesome ship - love it - but when cloaking it's going to be one HUGE SLOW moving target with no shields!
Lieutenant
# 23
03-21-2013, 07:31 PM
I say give them what they should have rp wise and just build the game that way. Make the whole game correctly and find ways so it's playable. It's called strategy. if the game can't support it, with varying ships and powers, it's not done correctly. It's absolutely possible to make a game accurate to fiction.

Even if they have to add whole new aspects to the game it's still possible.
Commander
# 24
03-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
I say give them what they should have rp wise and just build the game that way. Make the whole game correctly and find ways so it's playable. It's called strategy. if the game can't support it, with varying ships and powers, it's not done correctly. It's absolutely possible to make a game accurate to fiction.

Even if they have to add whole new aspects to the game it's still possible.
Easier to say than to implement into a playable game.
Commander
# 25
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Well balance issues aside it would make sense for most if not all Romulan ships to have battle cloak. Since cloaking is practically synonymous with Romulan ships unlike Klingon ships that originally only had cloaking devices on specific starships.
Commander
# 26
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhellsting View Post
Well balance issues aside it would make sense for most if not all Romulan ships to have battle cloak. Since cloaking is practically synonymous with Romulan ships unlike Klingon ships that originally only had cloaking devices on specific starships.
I think there's better ways to show Romulan cloaking superiority than just giving battle cloaks to ships too slow and unmanueverable to safely use them.

A 'singularity phased' cloak that adds a damage and evasion boost when the Romulan decloaks would be just one example. Or an 'advanced cloak' on some smaller ships that allows them to fire undetected for about 3 seconds before uncloaking would be awesome.
Republic Veteran
# 27
03-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
On all Romulan ships or just a select few?

\discuss
Cloak is really a very Romulan thing, I would hope all Romulan ships have battlecloak.
Rihannsu
# 28
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
On all Romulan ships or just a select few?

\discuss
To the best of my knowledge their battleships and destroyer/BC type ships do not have cloaks. I'd guess they'll be on more than just the birds of prey, but lots of ships won't have them too.
Rihannsu
# 29
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Cloak is really a very Romulan thing, I would hope all Romulan ships have battlecloak.
Well of the NPC Romulan ships, the Bird of Prey and Scimitar have it, and the D'Deridex and Mogai don't.

So it's about 50/50.

And I'd expect that the Scimitar will only be a VA level, C-store 3 pack.

Last edited by voxinvictus; 03-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Commander
# 30
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
I think there's better ways to show Romulan cloaking superiority than just giving battle cloaks to ships too slow and unmanueverable to safely use them.

A 'singularity phased' cloak that adds a damage and evasion boost when the Romulan decloaks would be just one example. Or an 'advanced cloak' on some smaller ships that allows them to fire undetected for about 3 seconds before uncloaking would be awesome.
Well the Romulans certainly need something that makes their cloak technology stand out from the Klingons. I think most would agree we don't want Romulans to just be a mirror of the Klingon cloaking lineup. Romulans have a loooong history with cloaking technology and it would be nice if that was represented in some way or form in the game.