03-22-2013, 08:02 PM
awesome idea

probably will not happen though
Career Officer
# 12
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Why doesn't Cryptic just give you the chance to change your fleet over to the Romulans from either Federation or Klingon... I presume that are probably expanding the Fleet Starbases past Tier 5 anyway, so giving people the choice to continue their current starbase on the new faction would be cool.
(Opens up childs storybook, and reads a quote.)"The cash cow, goes MOOOOOO."
Happy Holidays, STO Community, and Staff!
Career Officer
# 13
03-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inosaska View Post
The only info I could provide is Star Trek Armada series and that they will be green
I hope it dose look like the one from them 2 games
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Republic Veteran
# 14
03-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
(opens Up Childs Storybook, And Reads A Quote.)"the Cash Cow, Goes Moooooo."
Lmfao!!!!!!!

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 15
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
(Opens up childs storybook, and reads a quote.)"The cash cow, goes MOOOOOO."

Which is a very GOOD thing. The more money Cryptic gets the more CONTENT they can provide, the more ships they create, the more uniforms they release, the new FACTION they just announced!!!

Cryptic getting more money from players enables this game to survive and grow!!!
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Career Officer
# 16
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Lots of featured project reruns to be had too. So. Much. Dilithium.
----
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
03-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Since its very possible in the long-run (after the excitement is over) that the Romulan faction will have same or lower population than the KDF population. So instead of Fleet Starbases, why don't the Romulan players work towards a Community Starbase, that later becomes the Romulan Space Dock.
you never know. after all the main reason KDF has a low population is the level limit right now. if Klingons could be made from the start since F2P then they might have a higher population.

and a lot of people prefer rommies to feds.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Rihannsu
# 18
03-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
you never know. after all the main reason KDF has a low population is the level limit right now. if Klingons could be made from the start since F2P then they might have a higher population.

i bet in autumn we will see the factions populated like this:
1 - FED --50%
2 - Romulans --30% or more
3 - KDF -- 20% or less
Captain
# 19
03-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
1 - FED --50%
3 - KDF -- 20% or less
I would say you would lose that bet.

When they made the poll back before when they were still making the game the KDF won and that is part of why we have a KDF faction, even if Romulans might not be in the same situation (PvP only faction, grind leveling) I dont think they will stand up to 30%, to start a lot of people are likely to roll a Rommy but when that new faction smell wears off they go back to Fed because they have their main over there or because they are more invested (in money, Pay Ships and Lock Box ships), after all we can start a KDF after a while and KDF is certainly not in the current state because people cannot start at lv. 1.

No, KDF is on the current state because there is nothing to play or at least we get more buck on Fed missions as far content go.

Things will depend a lot on what Cryptic does.
Career Officer
# 20
03-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post

It would seem like it, but afraid not. Even at the very start of STO, when the Klingon population was at it's peek, it still wasn't even half of the Federation population.

And at that same time around launch, there was a poll which faction players would play, and included Romulans, and the Romulans was half as favored as the KDF. That's why it took Cryptic this long to finally get around to a Romulan faction.

That's why I said in the long-run, the Romulan population will drop. Because after people have exhausted the Romulan content and back at endgame, many players would favor maintaining their Federation characters and avoid the excessive grinding to catch up.

The only ones who remain after two months, are the True Romulan playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
1 - FED --50%
3 - KDF -- 20% or less
I admire the enthusiasm, but I see the population spread more like this by August:

73% Federation
14% KDF
13% Romulan

Right now we know KDF have an 18% of the STO population, since the Devs threw that number multiple times. 1 or 2% of the KDF playerbase will become part of the Romulan playerbase. While the Federation will lose maybe 5% their total playerbase.

Last edited by azurianstar; 03-23-2013 at 01:17 AM.