Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 111
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, It'd be an interesting ship design for sure.

It'd be especially fun if we could get the cluster torpedos.
We need more weird weapons. This is Star Trek after all.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,342
# 112
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
We need more weird weapons. This is Star Trek after all.
A lot of the wierd weapons are unfortunately designated as consoles. I would love a Breen energy dissipator that worked as a weapon, with a higher rate of fire (but probably less effective) getting off one shot per fight for a lot of these weapons isn't a lot of fun.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 319
# 113
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfrontier View Post
The Narada was, bar none, the most dysfunctional ship ever put into Star Trek. It was an octopus whose limbs were covered, if not outright replaced, with spiny kabob skewers. If you didn't cheer for the destruction of that garbage scow you have no soul.
Guess I have no soul, at least Im not a ginger
Rihannsu
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 105
# 114
04-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
Guess I have no soul, at least Im not a ginger
Wow the narada or hellraisers abortion
Sure apparently it was once a romulan mining vessel modified by romulan borg tech.
I was curious to how nero and the miners got hold of it.
So it goes like this
Big star go boom, romulan star empire does not know what to do
Spock and miners do anyway too late
Romulus is doomed no ships but neros ship in orbit
Apparently in the evacuation the ruler of the empire and his staff left behind and neros wife
Nero beams up politicians and angry decides to kill them
Not before taking the leaders staff
They fly to secret military base and nero with staff is granted full access go the base and its goodies
There they get borg tech

That is a summary of the canon comic

I liked parts of st 2009
But every thing "romulan" was wrong. Looked wrong and felt wrong.
That back story is so hilarious i thought it must be a joke

The narada is a joke
Please no narada
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 115
04-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandersalvek View Post
But every thing "romulan" was wrong. Looked wrong and felt wrong.
That back story is so hilarious i thought it must be a joke

The narada is a joke
Please no narada
Wait, so all that 2009 stuff was a joke, BUT ... being a farmer on a backwater planet and joining D'Tan on New Romulus for the great Epohh Tagging Hunt is serious business?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 105
# 116
04-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Wait, so all that 2009 stuff was a joke, BUT ... being a farmer on a backwater planet and joining D'Tan on New Romulus for the great Epohh Tagging Hunt is serious business?
Seriously I will take any STO take on Romulans over that films mistreatment of the race-was it that hard for JJ to have some traditional aspect of a race be kept? You their know Vulcan like looks-Nope! bald miners with tatts-Romulan ship look? Nope Hellraisers cruiser will do! The race has been around since The original series? Who cares!
JJ just walked up to Berman -look once your done-Can i screw with the franchise? Sure but the fans are mighty angry-thats ok I have a hokey pokey its all a re-imangined full of holes its another timeline thing that will confuse them than wang bang I dazzle them with zippo effects -while they all gasp and awe-i get to blow Romulus up and Vulcan.

Yep sign me up I will hunt rats with the Republic better than that mess of a movie and its unjust screwing of the Romulans
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 117
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandersalvek View Post
Seriously I will take any STO take on Romulans over that films mistreatment of the race-
THIS is the Romulus you prefer?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 105
# 118
04-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
THIS is the Romulus you prefer?
That sir was an excellent shot No Shields up on that-sorry still have to say ST 2009 is as messy as that things poo.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,342
# 119
04-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandersalvek View Post
Seriously I will take any STO take on Romulans over that films mistreatment of the race-was it that hard for JJ to have some traditional aspect of a race be kept? You their know Vulcan like looks-Nope! bald miners with tatts-Romulan ship look? Nope Hellraisers cruiser will do! The race has been around since The original series? Who cares!
JJ just walked up to Berman -look once your done-Can i screw with the franchise? Sure but the fans are mighty angry-thats ok I have a hokey pokey its all a re-imangined full of holes its another timeline thing that will confuse them than wang bang I dazzle them with zippo effects -while they all gasp and awe-i get to blow Romulus up and Vulcan.

Yep sign me up I will hunt rats with the Republic better than that mess of a movie and its unjust screwing of the Romulans
STO seems to be increasingly following Trek 2009's storyline, really (over)emphasizing the destruction of the homeworld as a basis for the Empire being so (ridiculously) weak. Combined with a vexing fixation on themes from nemesis (reman liberation army everywhere! Everyone is in rebellion against the pointy eared meanies!) I think it will be a bit hard for me personally, IMO to enjoyably play the Romulan faction because of how much Cryptic seems to be incessantly reminding me of what a number those two movies did to the RSE.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,546
# 120
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
STO seems to be increasingly following Trek 2009's storyline, really (over)emphasizing the destruction of the homeworld as a basis for the Empire being so (ridiculously) weak. Combined with a vexing fixation on themes from nemesis (reman liberation army everywhere! Everyone is in rebellion against the pointy eared meanies!) I think it will be a bit hard for me personally, IMO to enjoyably play the Romulan faction because of how much Cryptic seems to be incessantly reminding me of what a number those two movies did to the RSE.
It's not JUST the destruction of their homeworld, but the civil war/s that followed it. IF they hadn't had a Civil war they would be much better off now...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.