Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,899
# 41
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
For example, did you know that the 2009 uniforms are in the games code?
I once caught the civilians aboard the Treasure Trading Station wearing them. 'Twas the damnedest thing...
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 42
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
For example, did you know that the 2009 uniforms are in the games code? Modeled, textured and everything?
Yup. Remember them quite well. I always want to bring them up in "debates" about what they can and can't do with the JJ movie, because a lot of times the discussion likes to try and focus on how the game only uses stuff from before the timeline shifted backwards and parallel. But I was always having trouble finding a good shot of them as game assets to link.

Quote:
But for some strange reason Paramount and CBS won't allow them. So I wonder what's up with that.
I think it's probably something really simple. Whoever worked out the deal/details with the stuff that did make it into the game, couldn't swing the uniforms. And since then, that person (it may have been, say, Emmert himself, or Zinc) has moved on. So they just didn't have anyone on staff to try and work on joint CBS-Paramount marketing potential. They lost a ton of staff over the past few years. And even the ones they had, like DStahl for example, didn't work on that big corporate boardroom type of marketing deals when the game was in beta.

Again, I'm not saying the Narada will happen. But I do see room for the possibility that it could happen. There was someone working together with CBS and Paramount way back when.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 43
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Tons. I use it to power up my aux stat, and then open a glitterwell on my unicorn class science ship. It's FABULOUS.

Anyways, the point is, that in 2009, they swung some leeway to utilize a bunch of new movie stuff. Here we are in 2013, with ... a NEW new movie coming out.

There's nothing to stop them from trying to swing some sort of new cross promotional potential that includes new itemization that links right back into the new Trek and gives players new stuff. Like a Narada for the brand new faction that debuts right around the time the new new movie debuts.

Also, another thing from the 2009 trek movie in the game (and it's Romulan specific) ... Romulan Tattoo. You can put Nero's tattoo on your face in the alien customization options.

That's directly from the movie. And not any of the shows.

This barrier you seem to think exists, didn't exist three years ago.
There is a reason Cryptic said Red matter won't be going to the C store.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 44
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There is a reason Cryptic said Red matter won't be going to the C store.
Probably the same reason why the MACO gun isn't in the C-Store?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 641
# 45
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Will we get to see a ship based off the same modifications as the Narada... loving the Romulan, Borg fusion. It looks awesome.
NO first off that ship was a mining ship in 2409 it would be like flying a tuffi into a stf
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 46
03-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Probably the same reason why the MACO gun isn't in the C-Store?
Enhanced Plasma Manifold does the same thing almost like the RMC

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 940
# 47
03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
The Narada is NOWHERE near that large.

Reference.

The Kelvin's saucer is about the size of the Constitution's. The JJ Constitution is supposed to be slightly larger than the original, but with bulkier engines (There is the shuttle scene that would require the ship to be much larger, but every other shot with a scale reference requires it to be much smaller than that shot did), putting the Kelvin a bit bigger than the Miranda.

With that scale, the Borg upgraded Narada is not quite as wide as B'ger and about half as long. Big, but we're talking tactical cube big, not Enterprise-J big.

If we go with the scale required for the shuttle scene (close to Galaxy size, making the Kelvin something closer to the Cheyenne or Nebula), this puts the Narada right about as long as B'ger and somewhat fatter. Large enough to break firing arcs and probably something that would have to be immobile, but still an order of magnitude away from the Enterprise-J.


And that's with the Borg upgrades. The original was a fraction of that, slightly smaller than the Sovereign.
Here is the image I was basing my gestimate on. And yeah, maybe 10x was a bit of an exageration...
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 48
03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Enhanced Plasma Manifold does the same thing almost like the RMC
EPS Power Transfer does similar things as well.

But I'm not sure I see your point.

The MACO rifle isn't in the C-Store. Nor is the Chromodynamic Armor. CBS/Paramount issues aren't keeping them out of the store.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 49
03-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
EPS Power Transfer does similar things as well.

But I'm not sure I see your point.

The MACO rifle isn't in the C-Store. Nor is the Chromodynamic Armor. CBS/Paramount issues aren't keeping them out of the store.
One is an endgame gun the other is not.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 50
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
One is an endgame gun the other is not.
The MACO gun isn't end-game. It's starter level.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 AM.