Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 51
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
The MACO gun isn't end-game. It's starter level.
Are you saying it didn't take me 5-6 months of effort to get my Mk XII MACO Sniper Rifle?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,104
# 52
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
The MACO gun isn't end-game. It's starter level.
MACO??? which gun are you talking about then the only MACO gun i know is the rifle you get from STF.


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,782
# 53
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
EPS Power Transfer does similar things as well.

But I'm not sure I see your point.

The MACO rifle isn't in the C-Store. Nor is the Chromodynamic Armor. CBS/Paramount issues aren't keeping them out of the store.
You're referring to the TR-116 rifle, not MACO, yes?
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 54
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Are you saying it didn't take me 5-6 months of effort to get my Mk XII MACO Sniper Rifle?
I'm saying the TR-116 Sniper Rifle pre-order bonus from Target which is the MACO rifle written about in Needs of the Many and is able to shoot through Fluidic Space and Undine Personal shields in that book, is a starter level item that MANY MANY MANY people wanted put on the C-Store when the other pre-order items were put on the C-Store. But it never has been.

Thing is, it's DPS was starter level, but people abused its special properties (especially in ground pvp) to utilize it at high levels effectively.

Where have all you noobs been the past three years?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 55
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
ninja'd

nothing to see here.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 56
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
You're referring to the TR-116 rifle, not MACO, yes?
It's a MACO gun because MACO marines use it. Yes, the TR-116.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,906
# 57
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
For this game the Narada would probably be the same size as a Borg command ship. To be honest the thing doesn't look good, it looks like a flying trash heap, a bundle of mangled girders lashed together with an engine stuck on the end and I hope we never see it in game.
I hope that ships never get any more abstract than the Breen ships, those are bad enough.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 58
03-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
ninja'd

nothing to see here.
It IS a MACO rifle. It's used by MACO Marines. That's how it ties into the game and why it exists.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 59
03-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It's a MACO gun because MACO marines use it. Yes, the TR-116.
That's stretching it quite a bit. Unless you're going to argue that every weapon in the Starfleet ground arsenal is a MACO weapon because a MACO might use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It IS a MACO rifle. It's used by MACO Marines. That's how it ties into the game and why it exists.
Wrong. the TR-116 was created to be an anti-borg weapon. It was abandoned in favor of self-resequencing directed energy weapons (weapons which consequently failed against the Borg, but that's neither here nor there). Those few that were fielded were used by far more than just MACOs.

Last edited by stirling191; 03-22-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 60
03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It IS a MACO rifle. It's used by MACO Marines. That's how it ties into the game and why it exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
That's stretching it quite a bit. Unless you're going to argue that every weapon in the Starfleet ground arsenal is a MACO weapon because a MACO might use it?
Yeah, that's a big stretch. You are correct is saying it's a Starter weapon, but it's not a MACO weapon.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.