Captain
# 11
03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
From memory beta:

I'd expect it was an inside job made to look like the unificationists did it so as to turn public opinion against them.
Thanks. And the Tal Shiar are still loyal to the Empire, yes?
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd say the Tal Shiar are loyal to themselves and will go with whatever side helps them advance their interests.

"Romulans, so predictably treacherous."

-Weyoun
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Captain
# 13
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
It has been my guess that the new faction is tied to new Romulus since it can be started from either a fed or Klingon character. This also means the new faction will likely have less content than the Klinon faction has, so foundry mission are going to be desired.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-22-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Captain
# 14
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
According to MB:

Quote:
The Senate was responsible for choosing both the Proconsul and the Vice-Proconsul to lead it. Typically, both positions were held by individuals who represented the ruling coalition within the Senate but sometimes it was known that both positions were held by members of different coalitions; this was the case only when there an alliance or agreement between the two rivals.
In the path:

Quote:
Tal'aura replaces Tomalak with Sela as her proconsul following a defeat by the Imperial Romulan State.
So this was another power grab by Tel'aura, and the Senate no longer had the ability to choose the Proconsul, who in the universe of STO, is also the main general of the Empire?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
According to MB:

In the path:

So this was another power grab by Tel'aura, and the Senate no longer had the ability to choose the Proconsul, who in the universe of STO, is also the main general of the Empire?
Yeah from what I read, Tal'aura and Sela and that brood were pretty much trying to gather power to themselves and create a puppet senate that just did whatever they wanted.

Taris was far more interested in the will of the people. Not sure about Donatra, but she's dead anyway.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Captain
# 16
03-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
At her funeral, Sela would place the blame on the unification movement and the Remans.
Quote:
Rehaek of the Tal Shiar concludes his investigation into the assassination of Tal'aura, finding she was killed by a coalition of noble houses who had been enraged by her reformation of the Senate. This report sparks a feud between Rehaek and Sela, eventually leading to attack on Rehaek's home, killing him and his family. Sela is sentenced to death, but Donatra steps in to arrange for Sela to be exiled rather than killed.
What is the relationship between Sela and these noble families? Why would she kill a guy and his family for not blaming unificationists and Remans?

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
03-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
What is the relationship between Sela and these noble families? Why would she kill a guy and his family for not blaming unificationists and Remans?
It suggests to me that she was behind the assassination, or at least a supporter or member of the group that did it. This Tal Shiar guy blew their cover, which he only would have done as a political move against her. So she killed him.

Donatra must have had an angle as well, some reason to get them to let Sela live.
Captain
# 18
03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
OK, I think I have a decent grasp on the path to 2409 stuff. Now it comes to any kind of story that the game is telling in the Romulan arc and FEs.

I will try to replay some early Romulan missions, but many of them have bugs that mean that they cannot be completed. Stowiki doesn't seem very helpful as far as plot summaries go.

I'm guessing that there isn't much of a plot there, until we get into "Cloaked Intentions" and the New Romulus stuff.

We'll really need the help of somebody who has done the NR long grind for the 30 second plot updates.

Anyone have a link to Leviathan's thread where he posted all of the cutscenes?
Rihannsu
# 19
03-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
It suggests to me that she was behind the assassination, or at least a supporter or member of the group that did it. This Tal Shiar guy blew their cover, which he only would have done as a political move against her. So she killed him.

Donatra must have had an angle as well, some reason to get them to let Sela live.
You mean Rehaek's 'death'? I don't think Sela did that. I think it was the Tal'Shiar.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 20
03-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You mean Rehaek's 'death'? I don't think Sela did that. I think it was the Tal'Shiar.
Why would the Tal'Shiar kill one of their own in this case?

Does the game have anything to say about any of this stuff? Or, is it all left unresolved on 3rd-party websites like MB and Stowiki?