Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I've started doing the lt. commander/commander level Romulan missions as well, i'll update the OP with some summaries, if you get to any before I've updated post a little summary here and i'll put it in the OP as well. Not sure what you mean about bugs, I've had no trouble so far. Also if you see any relevant plot points i should add to my summaries let me know.

But yeah we do need someone who has done all of the Romulan rep to post summaries of any plot related stuff there.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-23-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Captain
# 22
03-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Not sure what you mean about bugs, I've had no trouble so far.
I forget which missions they are, but there is always one the enemy npcs are stuck inside asteroids and I can't target them to complete whatever 5/5 kill objective.

Another one has an ancient bug where if I talk to a certain npc before rescuing each group of hostages, then I have to drop the mission and start it all over again.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Does the game have anything to say about any of this stuff? Or, is it all left unresolved on 3rd-party websites like MB and Stowiki?
Everything from that Path to 2409 at MB came from the official lore entries that used to be on the official STO site. Most of that info is not and never has been in-game, it's just background for where we are at the start of STO's plot.

Also a lot of it contradicts a lot of what's been in the many post-Nemesis novels, so I'm just sticking with the Path as the source for this primer.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-23-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Captain
# 24
03-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Everything from that Path to 2409 at MB came from the official lore entries that used to be on the official STO site. Most of that info is not and never has been in-game, it's just background for where we are at the start of STO's plot.
I'm asking if any of the later stuff in the Romulan missions, the FEs, and the New Romulus grinders relate, in some way, to the information in the path to 2409. Like are there reveals about Sela, revivals of support for the Imperial State, etc. Are the Tal Shiar more than simple baddies to kill?

Score...

Some of the cut scenes are on Youtube

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6igV...DAPznw&index=2

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNNp...IGKcNg&index=8

I'm having trouble figuring out what comes after part 2, since there are also cut scenes that relate to the tier systems here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/russell1997?feature=watch
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
03-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Well that's what we're here to sort out. I'm playing it all through (probably take weeks) from the beginning to see if i can put together a decent primer for everyone.
Rihannsu
# 26
03-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Why would the Tal'Shiar kill one of their own in this case?

Does the game have anything to say about any of this stuff? Or, is it all left unresolved on 3rd-party websites like MB and Stowiki?
Rehaek may or may not have actually been killed. IF he was even in his house when it blew up no trace of his remains was found there. Either way, what did Sela have to gain from assassinating the guy? What she actually ended up getting was exiled over it...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Rehaek may or may not have actually been killed. IF he was even in his house when it blew up no trace of his remains was found there. Either way, what did Sela have to gain from assassinating the guy? What she actually ended up getting was exiled over it...
One of several possibilities.

1) She didn't expect to get caught.
2) She didn't care whether she got caught.
3) She was framed.
Rihannsu
# 28
03-23-2013, 04:43 PM
#2 is very unRomulan. Klingons might take that approach (well if you challenge someone to a duel anyways) but Romulans wouldn't. As often as people in the Romulan Senate have been seen to get assassinated, it's not considered normal or acceptable. Hence the reason Sela got exiled. I am wondering how Tal'Aura managed to avoid getting executed, but I would guess that she somehow managed to avoid getting caught.

So, to me 1 and 3 are the only viable possibilities, and #1 seems unlikely.

This reminds me of a recent thread in one of the other parts of the forum where Stahl was discussing the Romulans in STO. There's a lot we don't know and that particular incident seems to be a key turnign point in recent Romulan history.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 03-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
03-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
#2 is very unRomulan. Klingons might take that approach (well if you challenge someone to a duel anyways) but Romulans wouldn't. As often as people in the Romulan Senate have been seen to get assassinated, it's not considered normal or acceptable. Hence the reason Sela got exiled. I am wondering how Tal'Aura managed to avoid getting executed, but I would guess that she somehow managed to avoid getting caught..
It's funny, they always talk about how Romulans are "passionate" people, having rejected Surak's teachings, however, the Romulans we've seen depicted are almost always cold and calculating (even the ones who aren't really shapeshifters). Maybe they really do get passionate, we just don't ever see it.

In any case Tal'aura was dead at this point. It was her assassination that started that chain of events. Donatra, Sela and Taris were still kicking though.

But as you say it seems strange that Sela would put herself in a position where she'd take a fall, unless it's A) part of the plan, maybe she wanted to get "exiled" and Donatra was in on it or B) Her enemies got the better of her. Not easy when we're talking about Sela, but it could happen.
Empire Veteran
# 30
03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
But yeah we do need someone who has done all of the Romulan rep to post summaries of any plot related stuff there.
Please be more precise. There's nothing much to tell about these reputation rewards. The Tholians are doing stuff on new Romulus, and when you reach T5, you learn that D'Tan's science teams uncover an iconian gateway, and they keep it for scientific purposes. During T1-T3, you learn that D'Tan is very trustworthy. Nothing to see here.

You should also check the history of new romulus datachips. I have them all but since it's on stowiki i'd suggest you to find them there, i don't want to do a transcript.

I have started to work on a Romulan mission too, but why would anyone has to stick to the game's lore?

Last edited by diogene0; 03-24-2013 at 11:29 AM.