Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,805
# 31
03-24-2013, 12:20 PM
[quote=diogene0;8784611]Please be more precise. There's nothing much to tell about these reputation rewards. The Tholians are doing stuff on new Romulus, and when you reach T5, you learn that D'Tan's science teams uncover an iconian gateway, and they keep it for scientific purposes. During T1-T3, you learn that D'Tan is very trustworthy. Nothing to see here.

You should also check the history of new romulus datachips. I have them all but since it's on stowiki i'd suggest you to find them there, i don't want to do a transcript.

Thanks for the run-down, I've started climbing the rep tiers myself as well, just to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I have started to work on a Romulan mission too, but why would anyone has to stick to the game's lore?
That's a choice each author has to make for themselves. I choose to try and fit my missions in with the established game lore, and since I don't know/don't remember/never thought before about how all the missions and other lore entries fit together, this effort is as much for myself as it is for anyone else who would choose as I choose.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 32
03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
That's a choice each author has to make for themselves. I choose to try and fit my missions in with the established game lore, and since I don't know/don't remember/never thought before about how all the missions and other lore entries fit together, this effort is as much for myself as it is for anyone else who would choose as I choose.
Of course. But I was suggesting that looking for reliable information in the datachips was a bit too much. No one ever read that, it's confusing and it's not what we see during the episodes. I try myself to make my missions believable, but never use the datachips, that's just a mess about boring and senseless plots and IMO that doesn't really make sense. I tried to read that but it's just junk and it's completely different from what you see in game. Many episodes will tell you that what's in the datachips is wrong in a way. And guess what? Cryptic will probably make more episodes relating the history of the RSE and the rise of the new "romulan republic" at some point. And of course the datachips will be ignored. Good luck with that.

The new romulus datachips history are really interesting though. They relate the early life of the Romulan colonists when they leave Vulcan, and tell you what it means to be a Romulan in this game. Nothing much to help you building an episode, but it makes a good background.

dStahl also mentioned several times that D'Tan will use the gateway in the future. That's important if you want to make something related to new romulus. Just don't make him blow it up.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 33
03-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, T'Ruul and Vreenak certainly acted on emotion a lot.

Another question is "What would Sela gain from being exiled?". Sure she made contact with the Hirogen while exiled, but I don't see why she needed to be exiled to do that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,038
# 34
03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Please be more precise. There's nothing much to tell about these reputation rewards. The Tholians are doing stuff on new Romulus, and when you reach T5, you learn that D'Tan's science teams uncover an iconian gateway, and they keep it for scientific purposes. During T1-T3, you learn that D'Tan is very trustworthy. Nothing to see here.

You should also check the history of new romulus datachips. I have them all but since it's on stowiki i'd suggest you to find them there, i don't want to do a transcript.


I have started to work on a Romulan mission too, but why would anyone has to stick to the game's lore?
My goal is simply to know if there is any there, there. It sounds like there isn't. We're asking, "What is the Romulan story of the crappy grinding?" If there isn't much of a story, then that is good to know.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
# 35
03-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
dStahl also mentioned several times that D'Tan will use the gateway in the future. That's important if you want to make something related to new romulus. Just don't make him blow it up.
I should know, I'm the one that asked about it during my interview with him

As for Sela's exile and later rise to power, in The Light in the Dark, there's dialogue that states that the Iconian's manipulation of the Undine led (directly or indirectly) to he grabbing power. It might be possible the Iconians manipulated the events of her exile somehow.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 36
03-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
My goal is simply to know if there is any there, there. It sounds like there isn't. We're asking, "What is the Romulan story of the crappy grinding?" If there isn't much of a story, then that is good to know.
There is. But it's a bit vague and it's not what's in the 2409 datachips. In the cutscenes, your learn that the Tal Shiar is working with Hirogens, and they shouldn't. And of course the Romulan FE invalidates several elements from the datachips.


For more precise and comprehensive information:

New Romulus:
http://www.stowiki.org/Accolade/Lore#Chapters_2
http://www.stowiki.org/Accolade/Lore..._of_the_Dewans
http://www.stowiki.org/New_Romulus#The_Iconian_Empire (see the "cutscene missions")

RSE:
http://www.stowiki.org/Romulan_Star_Empire#History
I think it's been mostly cleaned out from contradicting lore information.

Where the RSE comes from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Republic
In anyone didn't get the obvious reference or needs a reminder. It will help you a lot building your missions.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 37
03-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Well, my take on the Tal'Shiar involvement with Hirogen is that it's a recent development and that they're kinda playing both sides.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,805
# 38
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, my take on the Tal'Shiar involvement with Hirogen is that it's a recent development and that they're kinda playing both sides.
I don't know if the Tal'Shiar is involved with the Hirogen. Bringing them in was Sela's doing, and lest we forget Sela is military, not Tal'Shiar. As we have seen she's had several overt conflicts with the Tal'Shiar.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 39
03-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I don't know if the Tal'Shiar is involved with the Hirogen. Bringing them in was Sela's doing, and lest we forget Sela is military, not Tal'Shiar. As we have seen she's had several overt conflicts with the Tal'Shiar.
Oh, um, the second rep mission on Mol'Rihan has you take out a clandestine Tal'Shiar base hidden in the mountains nearby. This base's commander works for Hakeev(or did before Hakeev died) and has a pact with a group of Hirogen. The Hirogen are there to help him destabilize D'Tan's power base by attacking people at random(probably among other things). This is apparently the reason for the Hirogen presence in the forest area.

But yeah, This gerts back to my point about how the Hirogen aren't loyal to Sela as a group. SOME of them are, but some are helping the Tal'Shiar.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,805
# 40
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Ah see, I didn't know that. That's a good relevant plot point there.

You're right, from what we know from the shows, the Hirogen are not a cohesive people so it certainly makes sense that you'd find different Hirogen allying with more than one faction. Though honestly I don't think they would make good allies.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.