Rihannsu
# 41
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Ah see, I didn't know that. That's a good relevant plot point there.

You're right, from what we know from the shows, the Hirogen are not a cohesive people so it certainly makes sense that you'd find different Hirogen allying with more than one faction. Though honestly I don't think they would make good allies.
Hehe, well, they have good tech, and they are reasonably honorable. If they make an agreement they will keep their end of the bargain unless you don't keep yours. The catch is that the Hirogen don't have any sort of central government, thus you can't make an agreement with the Hirogen as a whole. It's useful to have a group of them helping you, but... you can't be complacent and expect every Hirogen to follow along.

This is part of why I expect to see them playable in the RR. They'd probably be like Caitians and have literally EVERYTHING related to their race in the Z-Store. Well, except Doffs. Playable Caitians? Z-store. Caitian Boffs? Z-Store. Caitian Ships? Z-Store. Given what we know of the Hirogen, it makes sense to have them the same way.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
03-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Updated the OP. I've finished all the lt commander/commander level Romulan missions. Big one to pay attention to there is "Taris"

I've also started adding stuff from New Romulus. I'm up to Tier II.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 43
03-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Just FYI, from the new Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
Romulan captains will be playing a storyline that is a prequel to the Romulan Feature Episode Series and provides a backstory to the Romulan Republic. Romulan captains become the Romulans and Remans that establish New Romulus and discover the secrets of Mol?Rihan.
Seems like we may need to focus on stories that somehow relate to what happens before endgame.

What will be interesting to see is how well anything in the new content meshes with the existing Path to 2409.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Timelines get a little fuzzy in this game, but I suspect the playable Romulan story happens concurrently with the original 1-50 playable story for the Feds.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Rihannsu
# 45
03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh yeah, remember the list of Romulan sub factions I made before? Yeah, the Romulan Republic is the D'Tan Faction.... So... there are either 2 or 3 subfactions of the old RSE, depending on who Sela side with.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 46
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Here's the history of Mol'Rihan (pre-STO):

- 200,000 years ago, Dewa III was a colony world of the Iconian Empire. They ruled oppressively over the native Dewans, killing any who did not fall in line.
- When the Iconians' subject races rose up against them, Dewa was the first planet targeted. The rebels bombarded the planet from orbit, killing thousands and destroyed the geothermal taps that provided power to everything on the planet. The Iconians on Dewa III fled through their gateways, abandoning the Dewans, and the rebels moved on to other Iconian worlds.
- With the Iconians gone, the surviving Dewans formed their own civilization.
- Thousands of years later, as the Dewans were preparing to launch a manned mission to the edge of their solar system, an abandoned Iconian Gateway was found in a subterranean cavern. Tempted by the possibility of instantaneous travel, the space program was abandoned and all resources were thrown toward making the Gateway operational again.
- When the Gateway was ready, it was connected to geothermal power taps to provide the necessary energy. The Dewans failed to realize the bombardment millenia ago had made this dangerous.
- When the Dewans activated the Gateway, it triggered massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that wiped out most of the population and bathed the planet in a killing cloud of radiation.
- The surviving Dewans retreated to caves to escape the radiation and the nuclear winter, but ultimately their resources ran out and they died off.
- Around 2,000 years ago, the Time of Awakening occurred on Vulcan. Vulcan society suppressed its emotions to put an end to centuries of savage conflict. A group known as "those who march beneath the raptor's wings" opposed this solution, seeing it as a betrayal of their souls. They left Vulcan aboard huge generational ships and set off to find a new planet on which to settle.
- The outcast Vulcans eventually reached Dewa III, which they named Vastam. Some desired to settle there, not wanting to return to the cold and cramped ships, while others believed they could not make the necessary changes to live there.
- Eventually an open debate was organized to make the decision. Despite the good intentions, things quickly deteriorated and a massive riot began. By the time it ended, 247 people had been killed.
- The survivors unanimously decided to leave, which they did. They ultimately settled on the planet Romulus and became known as the Romulans.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
04-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks, psycoticvulcan! Added that to the OP, along with info from Khitomer Accord, which I did earlier today.

Lt. Commander
# 48
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I'll toss this out there as a Star Fleet-side pov, can be helpful when people are generating Rom-Fed potential conflict content, and has some notes regarding fleet movements on the Fed side of the NZ and the actions blocking the Klingon incursion.

Particularly the 10th, 11th, and 12th SF Fleet notes...while not exactly canon (Fleet #'s, etc.) it does give an idea of what was occurring on the Fed side of the fence.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...of-star-fleet/
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)

Last edited by realmalize; 04-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Rihannsu
# 49
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Here's some BIG news. Goatshark did a dev blog post about the RR faction. http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=856971

part 1: So Sela WAS rescued by the Iconians, and Hakeev was following what she wanted him to do? Hunh... ok then.

Part 2 has an interesting picture of what seems to be a Romulan shipyard.

Part 3, I'm not sure what to make of but it might have something to do with the Romulan tutorial.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 50
04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
The Memory Beta article linked in the OP appears to be incomplete. This STOwiki page, on the other hand, is not.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!