Lieutenant
# 11
03-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i don't like D'Tan.. he seems kinda "gay" to me
That sounds more like your problem than his.
Captain
# 12
03-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i don't like D'Tan.. he seems kinda "gay" to me
Dude, come on. Is it too much to ask for you not to resort to homophobic language?
Captain
# 13
03-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
Well op your wrong about one thing. There are in fact three factions within the Romulan people. The first is the Tal shair thats allied with the Iconanis, which is still bent on destroying half the galaxy, and conquering the rest. The other two you pointed out correctly, the star Empire portion who faces the rebels, aka republic.

Ive been here and gone in sto for years, but this is something worth playing. To me its a dream come true. Many of us at launch had planned our first characters to be Romulan. Now we will get that chance. I do hope they let us fight for the Star Empire faction, I have no interest in this republic. Oh and a genocidal attack or two on the Iconians would be fine with me.

Aside from being able to choose to fight for the Star Empire, my other concern is the cost. The zen is overpriced. If they give us a straight up cost of 10 to 15 dollors for the expansion, and we get everything including a D'deridex class warbird. I got no issues with that. This being said what I dont want to happen, is I get the expansion, and then have to pay 20 dollors or more for that class of warbird.
I don't care about the Romulan Republic or D'Tan either, and would relish the chance to fight under the Romulan Star Empire, but you might want to prepare yourself for a little bit of disappointment.

From The teaser page:

"Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view."

Not the Romulan Star Empire, but the Romulan Republic will be the sole focus of the Romulan faction. No arrogant and ambitious conquerers, but a bunch of freedom fighters actively fightign against the Romulan Star Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2013, 02:35 AM
Yea I saw that to, but maybe, they will realize that most people want to fight as the star empire.
Captain
# 15
03-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Yea I saw that to, but maybe, they will realize that most people want to fight as the star empire.
I really, really hope that will be the case. I'm not optimistic, but I continue to hope.

Their decision is really odd though. It's aas if they saw the Romulan reunificationists from the two episodes of TNG and thought 'yes, this is what people want to play as. Speratists who want nothing to do with the Romulan Star Empire, why would anyone want to play as the Romulan Star Empire?"
Ensign
# 16
03-23-2013, 03:30 AM
are we 100% sure that by romulan republic they are refering to the new romulus romulans?
Career Officer
# 17
03-23-2013, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericola View Post
are we 100% sure that by romulan republic they are refering to the new romulus romulans?
No... We are not.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 18
03-23-2013, 04:27 AM
We aren't sure, but signs point to Mol'Rihan as the so-called Romulan Republic.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Commander
# 19
03-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
I mean the new Romulan Republic under civil government of the Senate with capitol on Achernar Prime been a whole playable faction in opposite non-playable traitorous and militaristic group under Sela's rule with base on RatorIII.
Or do you think that the Romulan Empire been help our own D'Tan's separatist on Mol'Rihan?
Ensign
# 20
03-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:

Aside from being able to choose to fight for the Star Empire, my other concern is the cost. The zen is overpriced. If they give us a straight up cost of 10 to 15 dollors for the expansion, and we get everything including a D'deridex class warbird. I got no issues with that. This being said what I dont want to happen, is I get the expansion, and then have to pay 20 dollors or more for that class of warbird.
So you're saying the expansion is gonna be a pay to play version? I sure as hell hope not. They went F2P, they should stay F2P then.