Captain
# 51
03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Considering the amount I see you moan and complain on the forums every day, do you really think it's appropriate to complain about me complaining?
Absolutely. With the amount of vitriol and pushback my contributions receive? Definitely Romulan complaints are deserving of the exact same treatment. Especially since many posters said these complaints wouldn't happen.

Quote:
Obviously we both have complaints about the game, but just because they are voiced by me instead of you does not automatically mean that my complaints are invalid.
Nah. You don't get it. Your complaints are just as invalid as my complaints because:

1- Romulans are only 20% of the playerbase.
2- Cryptic has no cups in the kitchen.
3- The shows were all about the Starfleet captains not Romulans.
4- The item/ship/piece of gear you want is too old, doesn't fit someone else's warped sense of canon and CBS already said no to it.
5- DStahl said something about something awhile ago.

The difference between your complaints and mine? Yours are for the brand new faction, so they're all still just getting broken in by the forums.

Quote:
For your information, I am happy that there is a Rommulan faction, but that deos not mean I am required to be happy that they are making the Romulan faction some wierd offshoot with little to do with actual Romulans, instead of the proper RSE that was expected from a Romulan faction.
1- The Federation is a pretty weird offshoot of what I saw on the shows. The uniforms are scattered all over and nothing matches. The ships make no sense at all. Timeships, mixed with Breen and Dominion ships, mixed with fleet versions of just about everything else.
2- The KDF is not quite the KDF from the shows and they were forced to adhere to a storyline from the game putting them at war with the federation when last time we saw them on screen in a prime universe piece of content they were still allies.
Which brings us to 3- They already destroyed the RSE in this game's storyline. I'm not sure why you expected to be part of a defunct organization, but, the complaint surely is entertaining. You got your faction! BE HAPPY!

Quote:
As for the RSE being destroyed as an excuse for the RSE not being available?
Correct. They're gone. They were gone before the game started. The split between Sela and Donatra. And all of the storyline that already took place. Leading up to New Romulus! And chasing Epohhs to tag!

Quote:
This is a new development,
You're the one mixing up the chronology. The whole storyline with Sela and Donatra is old.

Quote:
and should have been the basis for any romulan faction that came out.
Should have? Now you sound like one of them whiny Klingons. You almost sound like, heh, me. By 2016, we'll see where "should have" has gotten you.
Career Officer
# 52
03-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
I think the empire will be fairly similar with some slight leadership structure changes. republic suggests the romulan senate will lead the people. not just 1 leader so we shall see.

I wouldn't be shocked if d'tan is actually undine lol you can't trust these nobody leaders that rise to power too easily lol
The Romulan senate has always led the people. The role of Empress was one taken by Sela.
Before that it seems that the position of Praetor - Shinzon's cute little antics nonwithstanding - was democratically elected, even if we can assume that candidates were vetted by the Tal'Shiar.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
I am just going to say this, I read some of the responses, but I have been at work today. So I may get flamed, but here is how I see it. The lifetime sub was the biggest oops cryptic made. Its simple income vrs expenditure. Those who buy the lifetime subs are giving them a temporary income. Opposed to a sub that is a sustained income, that can keep up with the expenditure. This has lead to the f2p, and everything for zen. If they start giving special ships to lifetime subs. Then I will not be bothering with this new expansion.

If they play their cards right with the Romulan faction, and get it right. They have a chance to put that lifetime sub behind them, as a bad dream, and start putting major props in for those that subscribers, not lifetime subs. They could separate the past lifetime subs from the subscribers, and cease to offer the lifetime sub. In doing so making sto a major player in the gaming world. All of this would depend upon them making a huge hit the Romulan faction. I think thats the one thing in the star trek universe that could do it.

As far as if we are going to be able to play as the Romulan star empire, I already said I hope so. As others have pointed out its still very unclear.
Lieutenant
# 54
03-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Maybe the reason they want us to play the Romulan Republic instead of the empire is so they can add the Fed Romulan arc missions to their levelling structure, just with reworded dialogue. If they can do that then half of their levelling missions are already done. It also allows them do add any cross-factions Romulan Empire STFs in the future while still making sense.
Captain
# 55
03-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't see it as unreasonable that there would be yet another political schism in Romulan politics. After all, the backstory already has the entire "Imperial Romulan State" thing, the "5 Emperors", and now once AGAIN the government's gotten decapitated. It does not surprise me that the entire mess has once again erupted into civil war.
Republic Veteran
# 56
03-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdred View Post
Maybe the reason they want us to play the Romulan Republic instead of the empire is so they can add the Fed Romulan arc missions to their levelling structure, just with reworded dialogue. If they can do that then half of their levelling missions are already done. It also allows them do add any cross-factions Romulan Empire STFs in the future while still making sense.
The only part I wouldn't subscribe to, is the "maybe". When something does not add up thematically, you can always put your money on limitations. Be that time, money, or technical barriers.

---

Captain
# 57
03-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdred View Post
My theory is that they made it a more kid-friendly 'Romulan Republic' so they could fit it in better with the Romulan Reputation system. The RSE seem liek they would be much less likely to be sympathetic towards D'Tan's cause than a bunch of revolutionary freedom fighters.