Lt. Commander
# 1 Romulan Ship Interiors
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
This is a change to get them right the first time, I know you guys at Cryptic can make good interiors...the TOS interior proves that. However the more recent stuff like the Cardassian bridge is gigantic and atrocious not to mention the Odyssey bridge as well. Take a look at these and try to get the scale of the ceiling and surroundings right.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ga...ird-bridge.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...d-corridor.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...ngineering.jpg

Again, the faction is not released yet so please get it right. The Fed and Klingon interiors are so disappointing, the only good ones belong to the Defiant and TOS Enterprise. Oversized interiors are not fit for Trek, the TOS bridge is amazing and is probably the only truly great bridge in the game...try to keep it scaled similarly.

Last edited by morkargh117; 03-22-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Not to mention the Wells bridge, which is beautiful and almost perfect to it's single appearance on Voyager and torpedoes any argument that Cryptic aren't capable of making fully animated LCARS panels.

I fully expect them to not screw up over Romulan interiors, however they really, really need to redo existing interiors. And not charge money for them either.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Not to mention the Wells bridge, which is beautiful and almost perfect to it's single appearance on Voyager and torpedoes any argument that Cryptic aren't capable of making fully animated LCARS panels.

I fully expect them to not screw up over Romulan interiors, however they really, really need to redo existing interiors. And not charge money for them either.
It's a good looking bridge, but it's to small...
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Career Officer
# 4
03-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
It's a good looking bridge, but it's to small...
Personally I like it that way, it's cosy and has everything you need at arm's reach.
It's a change from the caverns that are 99% of all bridges in the game at least.
Commander
# 5
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again here: I'd like to see the Romulan interior layout be more like an actual ship with, for example, the officer's wardroom (as shown in "Face of the Enemy"), instead of the hippy-dippy hotel bar that the Federation has.

As an aside, it would also be nice to finally be able to select a uniform for the crew, so that the bridge officers aren't in one uniform and the wandering NPCs in a completely different one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Personally I like it that way, it's cosy and has everything you need at arm's reach.
It's a change from the caverns that are 99% of all bridges in the game at least.
Maybe it's because my crew are all at least 6 feet tall...but it feels like it's far to low lol
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:

I forgot about that one, mostly cause players can't use it. But it is closer to what I would like to see.
Career Officer
# 8
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
Maybe it's because my crew are all at least 6 feet tall...but it feels like it's far to low lol
Possibly, it is a low ceiling.
However, it was IIRC that small in the show, maybe because timeships just don't need that big a crew. That's what's important to me, that someone obviously took a look at the show and/or fan schematics and cared about making an accurate interior.

Now if someone would only fix the helmsman floating above their seat, it'd be perfect.
Captain
# 9
03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Star Trek ship bridges were not monstrous caverns. If any bridge trends that need to be done is that they all need to get smaller. Especially the Federation ones.
Career Officer
# 10
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I would dearly like to see a nice properly scaled Galaxy bridge with the proper panels.