Commander
# 11
03-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
3) For God's sake, add a "shuttle to the embassy" option from the Starbase. If you're going to stick the exchange in the embassy, don't make it ridiculously inconvenient to access. It's just poor.
It does exist, it's a Tier 2 Embassy upgrade project. When you get the shuttle to the starbase from the embassy, you also get the ability to travel the other way too. It's available on the starbase transporter pad, with an incorrect description.

I do think the mail and exchange unlocks in the embassy aren't very useful as they exist just outside the embassy's front door.
Ensign
# 12
03-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
remove Dilithium Requirements For Non-aesthetic Project

Since We're Limited To Refine 8.000 Dilithium Units, It Would Be Nice To Make This Part Of The Game More "free-to-play", Allowing Dilithium Buyers Only Aesthetic Advantages, As In Other F2p Games.

This would help out alot of small fleet that have the fleet marks just not the Dilithium to finish stuff.

Considering a wapon from the Romulan or omega store cost you all ready for your ship 25k.
Small fleets can't make enough Dilithium and get the wapons.
Where not all having 24h time a day to play and 6 charicters to get dilithium with.

It takes 1 charicter 25 days to get 200.000 dilithium meaning every day 8.000 dilithium.
And there are projects that ask like 60.000 not including the specials. recruitment ask 1000 because ( that pack )half of the projects also need DoFF's
Now the reputation drawing from that also so it takes more then 2 years to finish 1 base for a groep of 5 that want to get also the fleet ships its crazy the amount of dilithuim a fleetbase ask from a small fleet that has maybe bin around sinds day 1.

So Yeah i support the No dilithium for normal base things the cosmatic part keep it @ 200.000 even a small fleet could get some of that then.

Last edited by niceguy13; 03-24-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Ensign
# 13
03-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Missions:

PvP Bases:
While I am not a big fan of PvP, I think it would be healthy for the PvP community to allow PvP-Fleets to flag their bases for random PvP attacks, where other fleets can attack such bases if they themselves have flagged their own bases for this as well.

Random encounters:
Random appearences of enemy ships attacking your base while in orbit, or the need for you to go repair systems at random... Basically a random number generator that requires your attention when you are there.
Good idee's.

But random encounters more like a event thing maybe just like dobble fleetmarks ones in so many hours when you go there.
Captain
# 14
03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy13 View Post
Good idee's.

But random encounters more like a event thing maybe just like dobble fleetmarks ones in so many hours when you go there.
Problem here is: Timegated...

Most of the timegated content currently ingame, that I want to take part in is usually outside my normal playtime.

AND... we already know they have a randomizer running and working (Getting aid from the Enterprise F in romulan sector).
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Ensign
# 15
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Problem here is: Timegated...

Most of the timegated content currently ingame, that I want to take part in is usually outside my normal playtime.

AND... we already know they have a randomizer running and working (Getting aid from the Enterprise F in romulan sector).
Problem here is: Timegated... not realy if thy would make a better timegate not every 6 hours for 1 or 2 hours.

They can make it like 1 to 2 you go there and it pops up from 2 to 3 not 3 to 4 there.

They can do that.

The randomizer is mestup like crazy then you get it like 5x in a row then like 15x not ( or more ).

Or even make it random with the randomizer and the abillity to turn it off for your fleet ( this is with small fleets inmind )

Last edited by niceguy13; 03-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Commander
# 16
03-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Considering the resources my fleet has burned to pretty up the place, I'd very much like to be able to idle at our SB. Such a thing would foster unit cohesion as well as create a strong sense of community.
Exactly my thought.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE
Inner fleet working:

Enhanced Ranks
Better and enhanced rank systems, allowing for more and less than 7 ranks at any time.
Enhanced Fleet permissions
Pr user permissions to invite, use provisions and stuff like that. Obviously that would require a pr-user permission page

Missions:

PvP Bases:
While I am not a big fan of PvP, I think it would be healthy for the PvP community to allow PvP-Fleets to flag their bases for random PvP attacks, where other fleets can attack such bases if they themselves have flagged their own bases for this as well.
Random encounters:
Random appearences of enemy ships attacking your base while in orbit, or the need for you to go repair systems at random... Basically a random number generator that requires your attention when you are there, or potentially a timegated event, where you have to allocate time for the "events".

=anazonda;8763981]Added reply[/quote]

Agreed to the above plus I would like to add:

LEADERBOARD
"Search" capability. Similar to bank repository to find out transactions per player.
FLEET NAME DISPLAY ON STARBASE/EMBASSY. Not talking about logos...Just names since I understand logos are hard to oversee but names should be an option for fleets.
BANK SLOTS ADDITION: we need more slots. Dont care if we need to buy them but large fleets having a hard time to managed with was ideal for an old antiquated fleet system.
[
Captain
# 18
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyrecce View Post
I imagine one of the side effects of the small fleets is the members are awash with Fleet Credits but struggling to advance. The current way of using Fleet Credits to help with the advance of the base is to use them to buy DOffs and Fleet Mark bonus pools.

How about a "Fleet Provisions" like "Embassy Provisions" purchased with Fleet Credits? And fleet projects that can take these Fleet Provisions, Allowing the small fleets to recycle the fleet credits that they are holding.
I tried to wrap my head around this one... But I am affraid I need you to elaborate a little.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 19
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
I know that this is a long shot:

How about Bases orbit some plant that you could beam down to. Cryptic could add other projects where you could build things on the planet.

Fleet members could also do PvP and PvE on the planet surface.
Ensign
# 20
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
As a member of a small fleet of about 35 people, the cost of the fleet projects does get bothersome. Primarily the dilithium. I have been a member for a year, since STO went F2P, and the dilithium aspect of the economy has always bugged me. With so many items requiring dilithium it would only be logical that dilithium would be more abundant or accessible. But it isn't. Besides the 8k refining limit, a player has to play for hours to gather it up. That's fine for people who don't have responsibilities that take away from their game time. Not too mention, I find the dilithium mining near DS9 to be a complete rip off. After all the work you do mining, I feel like we don't get rewarded enough dilithium.

Personally, I am 31, married with a child on the way, I work a 40 hr a week job and I take psychology classes 3 days a week. I play STO at night after work as a way to wind down from the day. That only gives me about 2 - 3 hrs a night to play. Several of my fleet mates are in similar situations and I know that there are many more players out there with similar lifestyles. The way the fleet projects are setup, you either have to spend hours and hours and hours to complete them or spend a lot of real money to get the dilithium you need.

I know Cryptic and PWE need to make money off this game, that's what keeps it running, but the requirements for this stuff just seems way off balance given what is available. I have always thought that there should be some way for players to earn respective amounts of dilithium without having to grind or buy it. For example, give the fleets a holding project where we get our own dilithium mining facility. We spend the resources to complete it and upgrade it and in turn the fleet bank gains dilithium. Fleet leaders can then give permissions to regulate how much dilithium can be drawn out by each player each day.

Another option, allow energy credits to be traded for dilithium. Maybe a 10 EC for 1 Dil or 50 EC for 1 dil, just as examples. It would be better than that exploited zen - dil exchange thing. These high dil requirements are fine for players who have nothing else to do but play STO or for fleets with a high number of active players. But some of us do like to come on here to have fun and relax without spending half a day trying to earn just one type of resource.
~Fleet Admiral KBL~

Galactic Guards' Public Relations Officer

Char. Name: Daniel@KiethBlackLion