Lieutenant
# 1 Nemesis vs Wrath of Khan
03-22-2013, 01:38 PM
With Romulans coming out this May I am going to say this Nemesis is way better then Wrath of Khan for being a great star trek movie. I know I will get true trek fans saying I am wrong.
Captain
# 2
03-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaybird View Post
With Romulans coming out this May I am going to say this Nemesis is way better then Wrath of Khan for being a great star trek movie. I know I will get true trek fans saying I am wrong.
so basically you wan't to troll...
but not only "true" star trek fans will dispute your statement, anybody with atleast an above average sense for good movies will disagree with you.

i'll just leave it at that, since this post is obviously just a lame attempt at trolling and in the wrong section of the forum.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
What is your reasoning? Your rating scale? All you have given anyone is a bare boned opinion, which you admittedly expect to be rebutted.

It is possible according to your so far unexplained reasoning and personal preference scale that you are correct. When you have atleast attempted to justify your opinion, then I will offer rebuttal. As for now this can only be regarded as hastily written without due consideration at best, and trolling at worst.

Regards,
Seacat
Captain
# 4
03-22-2013, 01:54 PM
It would go Wrath of Kahn and then Nemesis although WoK made more money at the box office.

I would say to the Op leanr more about your Trek history as Kahn was featured in the ToS.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Commander
# 5
03-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Nemesis has too many plot canyons, senseless action scenes (so a buggy without a windshield (something you only do in full gear since little stones hitting your face hurt a lot so you should have a full helmet.) that is carried by a specialized shuttle devoted to carry a vehicle less useful than itself. is used to race around a planet full of mad max aliens. uh huh. to find a SUDDENLY appearing soong android. we totally have NO qualms about putting that thing back together because, you know, we only had one other soong droid and he was a headcase.)

Yeah and we totally had noone on picards little fleet thinking "yes perhaps we should go look in that nebula....

Or a pointless **** scene to make sure the audience gets that this is the villain.

with is uber ship he could have seeked out the enterpsie, clobbered it to death, boarded it and capture picard, then proceed with his unbeatable cloack to nuke earth.

Its sad when chucks crazy janeway plot makes more sense....

I like khan better, because he has charisma.

Although:

BANE IS SHINZON! Dude, working dilithium in a deep hole like mien sure buffs you up!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Wrath of Khan FTW!

Anything with TOS is WAY better than anything with Next Gen.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 7
03-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:

How can you compare the putrid trash that was Nemesis with Wrath of Khan? Next thing you'll be saying Janeway and Archer WEREN'T genocidal psychopaths!
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
I know I will get true trek fans saying I am wrong.
I guess I really don't need to say anything.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 9
03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Erm... Nemesis tried to do what WoK did, and failed...

It tried to tie in the Foil of the Captain, Kirk v Khan, and Picard v Shinzon. But Kirk v Khan was more subtle on a more base level of Khan being a high and mighty Superhuman, and Kirk being a down to earth badass Captain. Also, the revenge bit was alot more believable as Khan DID blame Kirk for his abandonment on Ceti Alpha V (rightfully so) and the death of his wife (somewhat of a stretch, but I have seen such leaps form obsessive people before.) They played off each other well.

I thought the whole Clone of Picard things was a bit steep and not needed. It was forcing the question of "What would Picard have been like raised on Remus?" Well, DUH! He would have been a different person. Nurture vs Nature.

Nemesis also tried to do the sacrifice for the greater good idea. But there was no build up to it, I felt. In WoK, their were discussing the idea throughout the movie, on many levels. Within the first ten minutes, they were discussing "The best of times, and the Worst of times." and introduced the No-Win scenario.. which Kirk cheated.

Data... he has a back-up copy of him, and he thought, "I owe Picard something, So I will save him and my friends." But there was little prelude to it. There was no discussion about life and death and sacrifice. It was all focused on Picard and a tortured childhood.

Nemesis tried and failed to be true trek.
Lieutenant
# 10
03-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Chekov was not even in Season 1 of TOS Space Seed, making the movie all wrong. Shinzon is a char that you get to know and how he was in his life and that Picard knew what he was going through. Both movies do have great endings. So I do think Nemesis took a little from Wrath of Khan and made it better. Tom Hardy is better then Ricardo Montalban. Shinzon did have to work in the Dilithium mining fields as a child and if the Reman never helped him out he would still be there.
I am not trolling I just want to say what is better in my option.

Last edited by mjaybird; 03-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.