Ensign
# 1 GPU Accelerated Particles?
03-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry if this is in the incorrect forum, this is more of a question rather than an issue.

What is the verdict on GPU accelerated Particles? Should this be set to on or off?

My current graphics card is a nvida GT 520, i'm running a AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+

I'm not noticing a difference in either setting, although i'm really trying to get every drop of FPS I can at this point. It would be helpful to know what the recommended setting on this option would be.

Thank you
Commander
# 2
03-24-2013, 01:55 PM
I think its time for a new pc build...Just sayin, I used to run something similar to that and I had horrible performance, this Dell I rebuilt just stomps my old Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe which had that same cpu And an nvidia geforce 9800 gt, which is old and outdated, however I noticed a HUGE improvement going from the old dual core to a quad check out your cpu usage in game, it will spike to 99-100% I no longer have that issue, frame rates went up a bit.
Ensign
# 3
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the response. I would agree on needing a new computer, although currently I'm actually happy by both the performance and the visual aspect. It actually impresses most of my friends how well I can make STO look and run on this rig. Having a healthy, well maintained system does wonders.

Currently though I'm just looking for information on the above setting.