Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,743
# 91
03-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Wanted Romulans from day 1 and delighted they are there. There is also meant to be sizeable amounts of content for everyone to play so existing factions are not being ignored

My philosophy is get all the factions in as soon as possible, and then build them up together. it makes more sense than building them up one at a time, and having to constantly rework things every time.

if it was my choice id have cardassians come in next update due late 2013.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,461
# 92
03-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Never gave much thought to Romulans. To be honest, never gave much thought to Klingons either (outside of playing a Klingon in some crappy thing at Universal when I was a kid a million years ago).

Had Star Trek gone a single faction route (with potential monster play, if one must) - I would have been fine with that.

TOS, TAS, TNG, VOY, DS9, ENT, all the movies - even JJTrek.

Tada, the Federation.

Doesn't mean I haven't grown somewhat accustomed to my KDF characters - doesn't mean I haven't - ahem - raged about the inequality between Fed and KDF (even knowing that Star Trek was what it was...Cryptic decided to go two factions, blame them)...but honestly, back when Perpetual was talking about it - I just wanted to explore the Universe in my Starfleet Cruiser. You know, play Star Trek Online.

We've got what we've got, though - but Romulans? Playable Romulans? Never crossed my mind...

...course, you know - a Hirogen Engineer in an Apex Battleship with 4 Port/4 Starboard weapons... /cough
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 93
03-24-2013, 06:02 AM
JJ trek has NO connection to the Federation its set entirely in the battlestar galactica die hard universe
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,461
# 94
03-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
JJ trek has NO connection to the Federation its set entirely in the battlestar galactica die hard universe
While I'll grant you that JJTrek is Fast Star and Trek Furious... the Federation's still there. We might be following the crew of Beverly Hills 902outer space...but they're still Federation officers. One might no doubt wonder if JJ Abrams was the adopted son of/and raised by Michael Bay and Uwe Boll... but... okay, I think you get the point.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 95
03-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Well lets look at it logically

1 the federation seems to promote the lowest ranked person present to command despite him being a sexist , cheating , half trained , gun happy , spotty teen

2 the federations entire fleet gets wiped out in under 3 minutes

3 a "federation officer" fires a crew member out in an escape pod to a death world with no valid reason

4 phasers with recoil

5 Romulans that aren't romulan (they are clearly some sort of Mitchells in space (Eastenders reference non Brits may not get it) Bald Hardmen with ninja skills)
frankly its either the mirror universe or he has NEVER seen an episode of Trek (any of them)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,054
# 96
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
1 the federation seems to promote the lowest ranked person present to command despite him being a sexist , cheating , half trained , gun happy , spotty teen
I believe in the movie Kirk did not go into the Academy until his early/mid 20s, and so would be in his mid to late 20s after 4 years in the Academy. He's hardly a teen.

Quote:
2 the federations entire fleet gets wiped out in under 3 minutes
Technically it takes longer then 3 minutes to get to Vulcan, even at maximum warp.

Quote:
3 a "federation officer" fires a crew member out in an escape pod to a death world with no valid reason
How else are we going to meet Spock?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,598
# 97
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
I wanted to play Romulan before the game was ever released. I played fed and KDF because I didn't have the choice to play Romulan. Now that I will be able to do so, I'll make a Romulan on day 1.
So, for me, it's far more important than anything else. However, I understand some players will be frustrated because they don't care. But the Romulan faction will likely be released alongside some FE involving the return of Sela, probably Taris, Mol'Rihan, and Tholian reputation. It's not like you will not have content at all, just less.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 98
03-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well lets look at it logically

1 the federation seems to promote the lowest ranked person present to command despite him being a sexist , cheating , half trained , gun happy , spotty teen

2 the federations entire fleet gets wiped out in under 3 minutes

3 a "federation officer" fires a crew member out in an escape pod to a death world with no valid reason

4 phasers with recoil

5 Romulans that aren't romulan (they are clearly some sort of Mitchells in space (Eastenders reference non Brits may not get it) Bald Hardmen with ninja skills)
frankly its either the mirror universe or he has NEVER seen an episode of Trek (any of them)
You forgot:

- Starfleet security is now made up of thugs who start bar fights with minimal provocation.

- Vulcans are now so incredibly stupid and racist that I'm surprised they didn't have a scene where they put on pointed hoods and burned a giant IDIC in front of Amanda's house.

- The only way Uhura can get a post on the Enterprise is by having sex with the first officer. Way to make her more relevant a character for the modern age, JJ.

- Chekov is now a kid who's a supergenius at everything. That's right, they turned Chekov into Wesley.

- Scotty is a scatterbrained moron who's only friend is a space rat.

- Sulu, trained as a pilot all his career and one of the most solid helmsmen and captains in the entire Trek continuity, doesn't know the Enterprise has a handbrake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 99
03-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I believe in the movie Kirk did not go into the Academy until his early/mid 20s, and so would be in his mid to late 20s after 4 years in the Academy. He's hardly a teen.
He sure acts like one.

Quote:
Technically it takes longer then 3 minutes to get to Vulcan, even at maximum warp.
What, you expect the movie to adhere to canon speeds when it mangles everything else?

Quote:
How else are we going to meet Spock?
I don't know, I think any writer worth a damn could come up with a way that doesn't involve young Spock committing attempted murder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,054
# 100
03-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
- Starfleet security is now made up of thugs who start bar fights with minimal provocation.
You have, obviously, never been in the military and been to a Navy bar.

Quote:
- Vulcans are now so incredibly stupid and racist that I'm surprised they didn't have a scene where they put on pointed hoods and burned a giant IDIC in front of Amanda's house.
The Vulcans seemed fairly racist in Enterprise, and lets not forget that young Vulcans have not learned to master their emotions entirely.

Quote:
- The only way Uhura can get a post on the Enterprise is by having sex with the first officer. Way to make her more relevant a character for the modern age, JJ.
Technically Spock did not want her on the Enterprise, which is why she was assigned another ship; but she played the girlfriend card.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.