Captain
# 101
03-24-2013, 06:41 AM
JJ's trek was fine.

Minus using a gay actor to play spock. And I don't say that as a hater it's just his feminism is so obvious he ruins the coldness and masculinity of the spock character.
He is too soft.

Just like leonard is too old now to do the iconic facial expressions that build the character.

Come to think of it, I didn't connect with any of the characters, liked the story lmao.

Well the usage of extra lights hitting the camera here and there was okay, that I would have kept but pretty much everything else I'd have redone.

ANYWAY, playing the romulan faction for me depends a lot the story and of course the end ships. And maybe a little surprisingly the romulan outfits. If they are worse off than klings that might be a game breaker for me.
Career Officer
# 102
03-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
JJ's trek was fine.

Minus using a gay actor to play spock. And I don't say that as a hater it's just his feminism is so obvious he ruins the coldness and masculinity of the spock character.
He is too soft.

Just like leonard is too old now to do the iconic facial expressions that build the character.

Come to think of it, I didn't connect with any of the characters, liked the story lmao.
I can only respond with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
Career Officer
# 103
03-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You have, obviously, never been in the military and been to a Navy bar.
Star Trek. Enlightened future of humanity. Peaceful explorers? Ring any bells? No?

Quote:
The Vulcans seemed fairly racist in Enterprise,
Which was stupid too. So stupid that they had an entire arc in season 4 to explain why the Vulcans are being buttheads and fixing them.

Quote:
and lets not forget that young Vulcans have not learned to master their emotions entirely.
I'm not even talking about the kids (who's taunts from TOS have now been upgraded to bullying and shoving. Most illogical), I'm talking about the idiot on the Vulcan science panel thing openly insulting Spock's mother. To his face.

Quote:
Technically Spock did not want her on the Enterprise, which is why she was assigned another ship; but she played the girlfriend card.
Because he didn't want it to look like he was giving prime posts to his girlfriend.. even though that's what he ends up doing.
So again, Uhura has no relevancy aside from being Spock's bit on the side. GG.
Captain
# 104
03-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
I can only respond with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyH760MV3Yg

/edit

ps. I assume you loved the movie and also watched all episodes of heroes
Captain
# 105
03-24-2013, 06:53 AM
It didn't matter much to me. However I wanted to see a Romulan faction. Since that was the 3rd major group on Star Trek. And they always went well with the 3 circles of main groups. Being the Feds, KDF, and Romulan.

I look forward to creating a Romulan when it releases. Got some idea what I want to create. So only time will tell. Still time to think on what to do.
Captain
# 106
03-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Star Trek. Enlightened future of humanity. Peaceful explorers? Ring any bells? No?
You mean the enlightened future shown in Enterprise where the humans are so racist they attack Phlox in a bar?

Quote:
I'm not even talking about the kids (who's taunts from TOS have now been upgraded to bullying and shoving. Most illogical), I'm talking about the idiot on the Vulcan science panel thing openly insulting Spock's mother. To his face.
To a completely logical being discussing a parents' shortcoming is not racist. I thought that was the most Vulcan scene in the movie - as clearly Spock has emotional control issues.

Quote:
Because he didn't want it to look like he was giving prime posts to his girlfriend.. even though that's what he ends up doing.
So again, Uhura has no relevancy aside from being Spock's bit on the side. GG.
No. He did not want the emotional distraction for them both, which is why she was given another ship. And she didn't get a prime post on the Enterprise even after she played the gf card. She was relegated to the hallway com systems. She earned her spot on the bridge through her own skill and moxy.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 107
03-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You mean the enlightened future shown in Enterprise where the humans are so racist they attack Phlox in a bar?
It's Phlox. He's basically Dr. Mengele with Neelix's face. Ghandi would attack him in a bar.

Seriously though, that's in the past. Also it's Enterprise. You can't really defend garbage with crap/

Quote:
To a completely logical being discussing a parents' shortcoming is not racist.
To assume one has a shortcoming based on being of mixed race despite adhering to your society's teachings is illogical.

Quote:
I thought that was the most Vulcan scene in the movie - as clearly Spock has emotional control issues.
Well since you like bringing up Enterprise so much, so did Soval.

Quote:
No. He did not want the emotional distraction for them both, which is why she was given another ship. And she didn't get a prime post on the Enterprise even after she played the gf card. She was relegated to the hallway com systems. She earned her spot on the bridge through her own skill and moxy.
What skill was that? The ability to follow Kirk while he acts insane? The ability to "comfort" Spock?
Survivor of Romulus
# 108
03-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
1 the federation seems to promote the lowest ranked person present to command despite him being a sexist , cheating , half trained , gun happy , spotty teen

I believe in the movie Kirk did not go into the Academy until his early/mid 20s, and so would be in his mid to late 20s after 4 years in the Academy. He's hardly a teen.
and yet he is one
he has visible zits

Quote:
Quote:
2 the federations entire fleet gets wiped out in under 3 minutes

Technically it takes longer then 3 minutes to get to Vulcan, even at maximum warp.
i was refering to after arrival

Quote:
Quote:
3 a "federation officer" fires a crew member out in an escape pod to a death world with no valid reason

How else are we going to meet Spock?
several ways
Uhura could have a LINE thats not about flirting "Captain im detecting A distress signal and a vulcan life sign "

He could be beamed into space in a suit and rescued

or hell maybe we could just not have him at all

As to fights in naval bars
I have broken a couple up and its usually Junior officers doing the fighting (often pilots)
Captain
# 109
03-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
It's Phlox. He's basically Dr. Mengele with Neelix's face. Ghandi would attack him in a bar.

Seriously though, that's in the past. Also it's Enterprise. You can't really defend garbage with crap/
But it's not that far in the past in the TOS era. Archer is still an Admiral in the early TOS era. We're not talking time difference between TOS and Nemesis here.

And let's remember how the crew of the Enterprise treated Spock when they learned that Romulans looked like Vulcans in TOS. Racism never really dies.

Quote:
To assume one has a shortcoming based on being of mixed race despite adhering to your society's teachings is illogical.
Not at all. It is like talking about the fact that red-headed people's skin is more sensitive to sunlight. It's just part of genetics.

Quote:
What skill was that? The ability to follow Kirk while he acts insane? The ability to "comfort" Spock?
You do understand that the foundation of Star Trek is one of loyalty and friendship, right? Spock snapped out of Pon Farr when he the had killed Kirk. Bones coming out of retirement because his Kirk asked him to. Spock giving up the kolinahr because of friendship. Kirk and his crews sacrificed everything to save McCoy and Spock's katra.

You forget that Uhura has just spent 4 years dealing with Kirk on an almost daily basis in the Academy. It might be 3 minutes in the movie but it's 4 years in continuity. They're friends, even if not close friends.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 03-24-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Lieutenant
# 110
03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
This is not an attempt at Trolling

I am NOT saying no to the the Romulan Faction, but did we really want them that bad? Or rather, was a romulan faction your first choice?

I personally wanted more Federation and Klingon content. The content they have been realseasing , I love. I am also sure they would not make another "Hide and Seek" , but more past imperfects ... (if you see what I mean)

So ... me? I would have choosen more story content

What about you?
I've wanted them since day one. So yes, I really want them bad.