Captain
# 111
03-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
and yet he is one
he has visible zits
Not to burst your bubble but I'm nearly 50 and can get zits if I eat certain foods.

Quote:
several ways
Uhura could have a LINE thats not about flirting "Captain im detecting A distress signal and a vulcan life sign "

He could be beamed into space in a suit and rescued

or hell maybe we could just not have him at all
That part was a joke.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 112
03-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
But it's not that far in the past in the TOS era. Archer is still an Admiral in the early TOS era. We're not talking time difference between TOS and Nemesis here.

And let's remember how the crew of the Enterprise treated Spock when they learned that Romulans looked like Vulcans in TOS. Racism never really dies.
That guy was one asshat who was never seen again, so he never really amounted to anything.
The occasional bad apple vs. a whole team of Starfleet security who engage in violent fights against their own kind for no reason.

Quote:
Not at all. It is like talking about the fact that red-headed people's skin is more sensitive to sunlight. It's just part of genetics.
Except that since Spock passed is exams or whatever he needed to get into the science academy with flying colours, the guy has no reason to point out these shortcomings and certainly no reason to taunt him over it. Especially since his father, a respected member of Vulcan society is RIGHT THERE.

So this guy is insulting the mother of an applicant, and insulting the wife of a colleague. There is no way that this is remotely logical.

Quote:
You do understand that the foundation of Star Trek is one of loyalty and friendship, right? Spock snapped out of Pon Farr when he the had killed Kirk. Bones coming out of retirement because his Kirk asked him to. Spock giving up the kolinahr because of friendship. Kirk and his crews sacrificed everything to save McCoy and Spock's katra.
So?

Quote:
You forget that Uhura has just spent 4 years dealing with Kirk on an almost daily basis in the Academy. It might be 3 minutes in the movie but it's 4 years in continuity. They're friends, even if not close friends.
Yeah she's spent 4 years dealing with an immature, unworthy asshat with the social manners of a mountain goat. I wouldn't call that friendship.
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
03-24-2013, 07:20 AM
He has spots
he sleeps around
he cheats on tests

he is therefore unfit to command a shuttlepod

As to being 50 and still getting spots have you considered growing a beard ??
A Face with a beard becomes less prone to spots and blemished even after its removed

back to trek
Archer is a holodeck character and thus extremely soft canon
ditto his pet blowfish spunky/phlox

anything from enterprise can be considered soft canon thanks to that nice commander riker
Captain
# 114
03-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
He has spots
he sleeps around
he cheats on tests

Shatner's Kirk probably had spots when he was a similar age. Shatner's Kirk DEFINITELY slept around. Shatner's Kirk cheated on the same test. Just saying.

Quote:

anything from enterprise can be considered soft canon thanks to that nice commander riker
And when I see statements like that I know who I no longer need to take seriously.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 115
03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
He has spots
he sleeps around
he cheats on tests

Shatner's Kirk probably had spots when he was a similar age. Shatner's Kirk DEFINITELY slept around. Shatner's Kirk cheated on the same test. Just saying.
Shatners kirk was an ENSIGN when he had spots
he did not command anything
and interestingly did not cheat the same way (seduction and corruption of impressionable women)

Quote:
Quote:

And when I see statements like that I know who I no longer need to take seriously.
holodeck programs are NOT hard canon (otherwise captain proton is canon)
and as the final episode revealed it was a reg barclay holonovel
none of its actually very solid is it
Rihannsu
# 116
03-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
it was a recreation of a real, historical event, much like all the different recreations of famous earth battles o'brien and bashir often participated in throughout DS9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Klingons use bathtubs as a severe form punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
"You sniveling petaQ!!! If you are late for your shift one more time, you will spend two hours in the bathtub!!."

"WITH SOAP!!"
Captain
# 117
03-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Shatners kirk was an ENSIGN when he had spots
Are you honestly saying that because someone has acne or a skin condition that they are somehow incompetent in life?

Quote:
he did not command anything
As an Ensign he was an officer and certainly did command crewmen under his rank.

Quote:
and interestingly did not cheat the same way (seduction and corruption of impressionable women)
We have absolutely no idea how Shatner's Kirk got access to the computers to reprogram the test. Knowing Kirk seduction probably had something to do with it, though.

Quote:
The holodeck makes assumptions based on actual events. Every moment of the crew's life is not recorded. The Starfleet records tell people that Archer and his crew did X on Stardate Y. It does not tell us what each crew member was talking about, who they were dating, or what they were eating during those events. The holodeck makes up all the details which have nothing to do with the actual records. This is why Leah Brahms was so different in the holodeck simulation Geordi ran than in real life.

What the crew were saying to Chef is largely fabricated - unless someone put said conversation in an official record. The fact that the NX existed or that Tripp died during a specific mission is fact.
Survivor of Romulus
# 118
03-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:

Quote:

lolololol Are you serious?
Looks like Kirk was not the only one sleeping while he was suposed to do sth. else.

Enterprise is as canon as it gets. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it any less canon.
FYI, only the final episode of ENT is portrayed as a holodeck program and I'm sure that anyone who paid attention while watching the show can remember that in that final episode Riker played some of the characters on board the Enterprise, like the chef for example. If it was a holodeck program, we'd see Riker, Troy, Barclay, Picard or anyone else from the TNG cast for that matter in every episode of ENT. Therefore, your logic is faulty.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 119 Day one
03-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Wanted it more than Klingon's and wanted it on day one
Captain
# 120
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
I've been waiting for Romulans from day one.
Same.

With that said, having only KDF as an alt faction really helped me to appreciate the Klingons much more than I ever did. And much respect to the people in the mostly "PvP faction" who tend to not retreat or leave teammates behind as much as Fed players do.

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.