Ensign
# 141
03-24-2013, 12:47 PM
I wanted one a lot.

I'm not too big a fan of Klingons, preferring Romulans myself. Their ships are better looking I find.
Survivor of Romulus
# 142
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Physical books are of course a valid source
Captain
# 143
03-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well you tried to quote a wiki

thats one of the "automatic loss of argument" things (like comparing someone to the nazis or calling them a troll)
But ill answer it
Yeoman isn't a crew member in the technical sense its basically the person who makes the tea

but she was actually a bit of an exception as she was aboard under false pretences (lied about her age as I recall)
How can she be an exception, or that Yeoman are exceptions, when you just got through telling me there were only officers on the ship?

There are clearly many people on the ships who are not officers. They're doing all the grunt work: cleaning rooms, loading torpedoes, getting Scotty spanners, etc. And all of those groups of people would be answering to an Ensign - and the Ensigns answer to Lieutenants, and that keeps going all the way to Captain and beyond.

As I said above, you don't seem to have a good grasp on Trek. You just have your own opinions.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Rihannsu
# 144
03-24-2013, 12:49 PM
deleted!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 145
03-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
deleted!!!!!!!!!
Because the Borg were in Enterprise.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Rihannsu
# 146
03-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Because the Borg were in Enterprise.
but what dose it have to do with a Romulan Faction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Survivor of Romulus
# 147
03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
GENE Said every crewmember of the Enterprise was an officer
you can not get more canon that that
he was after all effectively God for Trekverse
Captain
# 148
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
but what dose it have to do with a Romulan Faction?
It's just the way sollvax's mind works. He talks about something that he doesn't like and states it shouldn't/didn't really happen, and then we have to show him that it did happen on the screen, so it is canon.
Captain
# 149
03-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
GENE Said every crewmember of the Enterprise was an officer
you can not get more canon that that
he was after all effectively God for Trekverse
Great! Please produce evidence of that exact quote. Because I remember GENE saying every crewmember wasn't an officer. You cannot get more official than that either.

See what I did there?
Captain
# 150
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
This is not an attempt at Trolling

I am NOT saying no to the the Romulan Faction, but did we really want them that bad? Or rather, was a romulan faction your first choice?

I personally wanted more Federation and Klingon content. The content they have been realseasing , I love. I am also sure they would not make another "Hide and Seek" , but more past imperfects ... (if you see what I mean)

So ... me? I would have choosen more story content

What about you?
If asked 'what would you like to see next?' my answer wouldn't have been 'Romulan faction', no. I would have been more interested in improving exploration and PvP.

Still, doing anything takes time and work, and between us we players have a lot of wants; so complaints and demands would have continued rolling in no matter what Cryptic chose to focus on. A new faction is something most of us will probably take at least some interest in; that buys Cryptic more time to work on other stuff than just about anything else they could have done. With that in mind, I do believe it may be the best thing to do as far as keeping the players engaged and happy goes.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters