Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
Well I was thinking, with the Klingon faction`s ability to cloak, and the Romulans ability to cloak (of course they'll be able to), will you not have instances where the Klingons are cloaked, the Romulans are cloaked, both sides waiting for the other to show themselves, neither willing to make the first move? We will have a stalemate.

What do you guys think the devs are going to do about this, or do you disagree that this will be a problem?

Speculate...
'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
Captain
# 2
03-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Sure happened in KvK in the first year...

Some people... claim it was terrible.

I think of it this way... some of those matches where epic... and I still remember them which I think says a lot.

I remember being the guy acting as bait. It was fun... and I hope enough of the romulan ships have cloak to make those types of games happen again.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Nah. It will be fine.
Cloaking is a good advantage but not a superone so after a period of adjustment players will adapt.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 4
03-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Players want action from pvp I don't think that admiring your own cloak will give you any joy
Proudly lagging through sto universe since season 8,5
Lieutenant
# 5
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm just worried about how long we're going to have to wait for the queues to pop with the PvP community split across 3 factions rather than 2.

As a KDF, KvK rarely seems to have much action leaving FvK as the main avenue for PvP - if we end up with FvF, FvK, FvR, KvK, KvF, KvR, RvR, what's that going to do to the wait times?

That said, perhaps we'll get FvKvR which would be interesting (although these Romulan 'freedom-fighters' fighting against the Federation just sounds weird - the RSE? Yeah, I could buy that but these guys?)

Last edited by brataccas; 03-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-23-2013, 03:14 PM
After reading your post and looking at your signature, exactly how is Kira Nerys yummy?
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-23-2013, 03:32 PM
KvR will be just like KvF...all players in Bugs, Galors, etc.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lieutenant
# 8
03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
KvR will be just like KvF...all players in Bugs, Galors, etc.
Lol! So true!
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Well, just keep in mind that...

1. There's gonna be problems and issues for a few weeks after the release. So that alone will prevent people from probably PvPing as much.

2. The new Romulans are gonna need to level up and prep, etc.

3. It'll be at least 6 months or more before there's a solid Romulan playerbase, and even then, more time before there are groups wanting to do so on a consistent basis.

Captain
# 10
03-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, just keep in mind that...

1. There's gonna be problems and issues for a few weeks after the release. So that alone will prevent people from probably PvPing as much.

2. The new Romulans are gonna need to level up and prep, etc.

3. It'll be at least 6 months or more before there's a solid Romulan playerbase, and even then, more time before there are groups wanting to do so on a consistent basis.
Well your right it will take some time...

Really though... there will be Romulan fleets launch day... and Romulan hunting parties a week at most after the launch.

Unless they do something really different with Rommies... people will power level them in the first few days. The Star bases and rep will take a bit longer... really though half decently geared teams will be popping up no more then 1 week in... and teams with most of the good rep won't take much longer then a month.

Unless Cryptic does something vastly different with Roms. Its not like we can't drop 200 mil on weapons and consoles day one.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.