Lieutenant
How about making the Hirogen a playable class/faction where they get the opportunity to hunt down and kill players of all factions?

I'm sure a system can be worked where certain actions or accomplishments (not just PvP) by a Fed/KDF/Romulan player gets them marked as worthy prey, etc, etc.
Lieutenant
# 2
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Interesting idea............. But it probably won't happen.
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm almost 125% positive that this will never happen.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2013, 12:39 AM
It's unlikely that a 'bounty hunting' system will be up, especially as a species specific option.
The last time I even saw such a feature was in SWG and it had to be gimmicky at best.
Nope, the best we'll get is playable hirogen for the Romulan Republic who wish for, well..

'The continuation of hunting rights in exchange for allegiance against their former hosts.'
Also, if you wish discuss anything more on the matter of playable species, look at this.
Captain
# 5
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker8me View Post
How about making the Hirogen a playable class/faction where they get the opportunity to hunt down and kill players of all factions?
And here we have another non-consensual pvp lover who should go back to Eve Online where he belongs. Everybody laugh!

Last edited by emacsheadroom; 03-24-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Will never happen.

Cryptic has been pretty much anti-pvp since beta days (look at complete lack of pvp content in 3+ years) and the one time they try an extremely limited open pvp idea on Tribble, it lasted all of what a week and was swiftly removed, due to a few balance reasons and a quick realization this was never translate well to Holodeck (people would QQ like mad if they got killed while trying to do Doff missions or any other small task).

redshirtarmy.com - RedShirtArmy Podcast
STO / Cryptic member since 2009 (mavgeek)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
And here we have another non-consensual pvp lover who should go back to Eve Online where he belongs. Everybody laugh!
How uncalled for! The man was merely expressing an idea about a lore embodied gameplay feature.
Even if it was improbable in the current structure of the game, there's no need for half-guessing.

You probably have no idea who the original poster is, was or will become. It's all hashed out speculation.
So don't make a supposition, an accusation without evidence to prove your case differs to a youth's opinion.

And honestly, if that was an attempt at a joke- the youtube link's title would say otherwise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
lore embodied gameplay feature.
Where in STO does this occur?
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
Where in STO does this occur?
You're asking me off the bat for one example? Hmm. I suppose the very existence of
star ships and their related game play features is one such occurrence of a 'lore embodied'
game play feature. The same deal with ground weapons (special or otherwise), no?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
03-24-2013, 02:24 AM
We'll need some flesh melting gas from mass effect... then we can get some nice skulls for our bulkheads.