Lt. Commander
Whenever I load up new maps or areas I'd say I have about a 30% chance or more of being kicked back to the login screen. I'd guess by the time I hit level 3 this happened about 15-20 times to me. I was flying around with my teammate/real life friend chatting on skype together and he did not have these disconnects.

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Asus M4a78t-e - On-board sound
Gskill 4BG 1600mhz ram
Nvidia 8800GT (Latest drivers)

No stuttering or lag issues at all, just randomly will drop me right before it shows the load screen for whatever sector or system it is supposed to be loading next. I then login and hit play on my character and I'm back in action within 30-45 seconds but it's still not right. Really annoying when I'm on a team and I come back online without my team and in a different zone than what everyone else went to and then I have to take my chances and try to switch to their zone and hope it worked this time.

Now I had played closed beta as well and never ran into any of these problems, however at that time I still had my P4 2.8Ghz Pentium D processor with 2GB ram and an intel 945 board. I still had my 8800GT at the time running the same driver so it can't be a driver issue with the video.

The only things that changed were:

My hardware (CPU, MO/BO, RAM)
My operating system (from XP 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit)
The build of the game from closed beta to open beta

If you require further information please let me know. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
This has now become worse in the sense that I cannot just log back in quickly anymore and I'm receiving the error message

"DISCONNECTED FROM ACCOUNT SERVER"

I disconnected just like in my original post when I went to load a patrol map and now I can't seem to get back on even thoguh I know the server is up.

HELP PLEASE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
So now if I set my proxy to EU I can connect back to the servers reliably, BUT I am still constantly being disconnected when loading maps. This is really quite frustrating and I will be cancelling my order if this is not fixed by the end of beta or at the very least acknowledged in some way by the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I have not seen any kind of Dev acknowledgement of this issue yet. This is extremely frustrating because I will be in a team and I will disconnect when loading a map and have to log back in. I then log back in only to find that I lost my team grouping (as a result of disconnect) and now I'm in a totally different instance and I have to either roll the dice again and try to join my teammates instance or ask him to come to the one it put me in.

I've updated to the latest drivers and tried any manner of settings under the video options for the game. I can't understand why I'm constantly being disconnected when loading maps.

HELP
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Ticket has been submitted for this. Didn't realize that might be the method I should use to bring this to Cryptic's attention. Anyways hope to hear before beta is over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Ive been having the same problem. Is very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
im getting booted about 50/50 tonight.. also my teammate and I cannot seem to get into an instance together, so i keep trying to transfer and then wham I get booted again.

Why does the transfer button get greyed out?!

Why doesn't the game allow me to follow a teammate when he changes maps?!?!

I'm getting annoyed here.. filing bugs every time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxone View Post
Whenever I load up new maps or areas I'd say I have about a 30% chance or more of being kicked back to the login screen. I'd guess by the time I hit level 3 this happened about 15-20 times to me. I was flying around with my teammate/real life friend chatting on skype together and he did not have these disconnects.

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Asus M4a78t-e - On-board sound
Gskill 4BG 1600mhz ram
Nvidia 8800GT (Latest drivers)

No stuttering or lag issues at all, just randomly will drop me right before it shows the load screen for whatever sector or system it is supposed to be loading next. I then login and hit play on my character and I'm back in action within 30-45 seconds but it's still not right. Really annoying when I'm on a team and I come back online without my team and in a different zone than what everyone else went to and then I have to take my chances and try to switch to their zone and hope it worked this time.

Now I had played closed beta as well and never ran into any of these problems, however at that time I still had my P4 2.8Ghz Pentium D processor with 2GB ram and an intel 945 board. I still had my 8800GT at the time running the same driver so it can't be a driver issue with the video.

The only things that changed were:

My hardware (CPU, MO/BO, RAM)
My operating system (from XP 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit)
The build of the game from closed beta to open beta

If you require further information please let me know. Thanks.
I am having the same issue. Everytime there is a load screen it disconnects from server and i lose connection. I get the same thing loging in. It takes forever. It worked for me for the first 5 days then it started to do this. I hope this isnt the case when STO comes online after the beta, with even more ppl on.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
made 1 transfer, then got booted, going back in after i selected character again I got SERVER DISCONNECTED during the loading screen... disconnected from account server over and over and over... this is new tonight.

I'm a level 13 been playing much during the OB.. this is definately new for me since today's update.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Same thing for me.