Lt. Commander
# 31
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Same problem for me, I go to change between ground or space while on a mission and 2 out of 3 times I get the same thing over and over "server not responding" then dumps me back to login ,I come back, try to load my character again and I get the same thing over and over as often as I want to keep at it. I have to just quit and walk away from the game for about 10 minutes.. after that it will generally load the mission with no error.

This issue has been getting worse for me not better. It almost never does this if its not a mission of some sort. I can go back and forth to space dock all day long, or to my bridge and back and it works just fine. The vast majority of the occurrences happen in cluster exploration missions, Delta Volanis and Arucanis Arm. The story or chain missions are also doing this, but with slightly less frequency for me.

I have been seeing this happen with greater frequency over the last few days from occasional to were it is now which is almost every time a map changes or it has to load I get disconnected and have to wait for some piece of hardware on their end to reset and let me load the map. Something is not working properly and needs found and fixed.

I am thinking this could be to many people trying to get data through a given connection and some are just getting timed out of the loop and being bounced off the connection all together, and then are locked out by the server, and unable to reload the data that the client side of the game needs from the server. The more user specific the data the game client seems to need the greater the frequency of it disconnecting me from the servers it seems.

I spent two hours today and some time yesterday searching through the forum, I too can find no specific addressing of this issue by any member of the Dev team. That bothers me, considering the number of posts addressing this one issue I have seen, they must certainly be aware of it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I get DC'd 2 or 3 times an hour while switching zones.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes, I am getting disconnected and a "server not responding". I try to log in, but cannot. Typically after 5-10min, I can log back in again, but I end up in the previous zone. This has happened to me 3 times tonight so far.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFaster
I am having the same issue. Everytime there is a load screen it disconnects from server and i lose connection. I get the same thing loging in. It takes forever. It worked for me for the first 5 days then it started to do this. I hope this isnt the case when STO comes online after the beta, with even more ppl on.
Im haveing the same issue what is going on and this is after beta