Captain
# 11
03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
I wont see him as useless. Ran it for him for my KDF crew. I rotate him with my original Sci officer specially on ground combat. Since he has other skills that is handy.

I say keep that, since others might want one on their KDF or Fed ship. They might not allow Reman/Romulan Boff to be bought or used on other ships. Time will tell.
Captain
# 12
03-24-2013, 06:59 AM
As was stated above, allowing a Romulan Faction to have Romulan and Reman BOFFs is certainly not the same as allowing the Fed or KDF to have them.

You might as well be saying: "how useless that I can have a KDF BOFF when the Klingon Faction also has them.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 13
03-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Assuming that playable Remans and BOFFs will be customisable, all I hope is that this will be extended to existing Reman BOFFs.
Career Officer
# 14
03-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Are you kidding?! That feature episode would be great for a romulan. A neo loyalist wants to help the Remans to gain their support, while a loyalist, wants to eliminate them to make an example of what happens when you both steal from the Tal'Shiar and betray the Romulan people (by leaving) It would require very little dialog modification, and and it can be slide into the faction-ing they already have shown the new Romulus has already. And I'd expand the mission that you could get a Romulan BO (maybe a Tal Shiar operative) for completing all the Tal Shiar objectives

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Breen like to kill breen

But a Jemie can't kill a founder its against his religion
Actually, yes, they can, as shown in To The Death and other episodes. The Founder's control over the Vorta is nearly (not completely, as seen by the Weyoun clone that turned traitor) absolute, but their control over the Jem'hadar is tenuous at best. The Jem'hadar don't even universally believe in the Founders (Purgatory's Shadow/Inferno's Light), most believe it's the Vorta who are actually in charge.

Which is why they need Ketracel White. They can't guarantee Jem'hadar loyalty, but they can guarantee the death of disloyal Jem'hadar.
Captain
# 16
03-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Assuming that playable Remans and BOFFs will be customisable, all I hope is that this will be extended to existing Reman BOFFs.
It's unlikely they have the technology to allow that.
Empire Veteran
# 17
03-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Don't take away my Reman BOFF. That's the only good way of getting TSS 3 in the game without paying a ton of EC for it.

Republic Veteran
# 18
03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Why would a Romulan do missions to KILL Romulans??
the hell are you smoking? romulans kill each other all the time. how do you think most Romulans became emperor? most the time its the successor killing their predecessor.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 19
03-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Somebody mentioned smoking?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 20
03-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
It does not make them pointless at all.

You may be able to get remans on your romulan character soon but people who play Fed/KDF may still want a Reman as a BO and they still have that choice.

taking the option away is a very bad idea.
Exactly. The point of this thread is what?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR