Captain
# 1 "Doffing B'Tran"
03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Just wondering about this, since I hear so much about it, yet I have never, in the year I have been playing, never ever picked up a purple DOFF of any type in B'Tran.

So what's doffing in B'Tran, and how does it work?

(P.S. Please explain every step in detail. I am not good at interpretive language.)

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Ok, in B'tran (and by extension every other star cluster), has a chain of DOFF missions that allow you to build up a colony in that cluster (7 missions). It does require a fairly good amount of colonists to do, so keep that in mind.

On the last mission, called the 'Renown' mission, you will get a guaranteed blue DOFF. And randomly at times after that, you can get a mission called something like "Support Efforts in the _____ Cluster" or whatever it's called. If you critical success that mission, you will get a purple DOFF.

Captain
# 3
03-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Ok, in B'tran (and by extension every other star cluster), has a chain of DOFF missions that allow you to build up a colony in that cluster (7 missions). It does require a fairly good amount of colonists to do, so keep that in mind.

On the last mission, called the 'Renown' mission, you will get a guaranteed blue DOFF. And randomly at times after that, you can get a mission called something like "Support Efforts in the _____ Cluster" or whatever it's called. If you critical success that mission, you will get a purple DOFF.
I see, no wonder. I haven't completed the chain yet.

Now are there specific types of purple DOFFs from a critted "Support Efforts in the B'Tran Cluster", or are they randomly picked up? By this I mean can I go to Delta Volanis and get a different type of Purple DOFF compared to B'Tran, or are they all the same?

Finally, does DOFFJOBS calculate that in its spreadsheet?

Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 03-24-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Ensign
# 4
03-24-2013, 09:35 AM
got purple assimilated gorn engie doff in b'tran/crit..
Career Officer
# 5
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
STO wiki has a list of the reward for a crit on one of the repeatables doff missions.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_S...zation_Efforts

These purples are not unique so you can collect as many as you like of any type.
Join Unrepentant!

Captain
# 6
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Notably, the B'Tran doff is a liberated Borg Technician with Efficient and Resilient. The Fed one (Ten of Ten, a Caitian) has Logical and Eidetic Memory, while the KDF one (Two of Twelve, a Gorn) has Aggressive and Cold Blooded. Being Very Rare Technicians, they're relatively easy-to-get doffs that form the crux of an Aux 2 Batt build.
Captain
# 7
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
STO wiki has a list of the reward for a crit on one of the repeatables doff missions.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_S...zation_Efforts

These purples are not unique so you can collect as many as you like of any type.
Thank you! This is awesome, I will definitely be using this.

Captain
# 8
07-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Trying to complete the renown mission but it keeps saying I don't have any Doffs that meet the requirements. Also, the requirements keep changing: First Diplomat/Advisor/Counselor, then Science, then Tactical/Security. Also, do they need to be of a certain quality level? E.g Green or better?

Help! I've spent a week on this! I wan't my friggin' Blue or Purple Doff!

UPDATE: Never Mind! I just realized you don't need to assign anyone...just click Start Assignment. Duh!

RCK

Last edited by rck01; 07-29-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Captain
# 9
07-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Trying to complete the renown mission but it keeps saying I don't have any Doffs that meet the requirements. Also, the requirements keep changing: First Diplomat/Advisor/Counselor, then Science, then Tactical/Security. Also, do they need to be of a certain quality level? E.g Green or better?

Help! I've spent a week on this! I wan't my friggin' Blue or Purple Doff!

RCK
The 7th mission in the chain shouldn't require any doff. Just click the mission and 15 minutes later you get the blue doff. If you want the purple you have to check around for the proper Support mission to show up (its not always there) and then crit on it using any doff you want.
Captain
# 10
07-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The 7th mission in the chain shouldn't require any doff. Just click the mission and 15 minutes later you get the blue doff. If you want the purple you have to check around for the proper Support mission to show up (its not always there) and then crit on it using any doff you want.
Figured this out in Zone chat. Boy do I feel stupid...

BTW, do you know which support mission(s) I should be looking for from here forward? Will I know them when I see them (i.e. somehow showing a link to the chain)?

UPDATE: Again, never mind. Found it almost immediately. Thanks again for the tips!

Thanks!
RCK

Last edited by rck01; 07-29-2013 at 12:54 AM.