Lieutenant
Looking at some of the Security Officers from the Romulan Survivors Duty Officer Pack, I'm a bit confused with how the proc is labeled. When Ambush is used, the proc introduces a DoT to the target, with the duration increasing with decreasing quality (DoT lasts 9 seconds on a Very Rare DOff, and 15 seconds on an Uncommon DOff). First impressions lead me to believe that the proc should be the other way around, with the DoT lasting longer on the higher quality DOffs. Unless the intention is to have the DoT strength be higher on the rarer DOffs; say, if an Ambush attack would normally deal 90 damage, the DoT on a Very Rare DOff would deal 10 damage per second for 9 seconds, while the DoT on a Uncommon DOff would deal 6 damage per second for 15 seconds. So I'm a bit lost on the Sec officer proc actually functions.

Thoughts?
Rihannsu
# 2
08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Nah, the thing you're forgetting is that the damage is the same. Therefore, the shorter a time the effect lasts, the faster the enemy dies.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.