Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,179
# 11
07-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Good guide and I found it takes about a week to 10 days to get three purple Technicians. One thing to bare in mind though is that the DOFFs you get are bound to you so you cannot sell them.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,295
# 12
07-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Figured this out in Zone chat. Boy do I feel stupid...

BTW, do you know which support mission(s) I should be looking for from here forward? Will I know them when I see them (i.e. somehow showing a link to the chain)?

Thanks!
RCK
Fed Side: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:...zation_Efforts

KDF Side: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:...ansion_Efforts

Its one of those missions where you can get too good with your Success chance and reduce your Crit Success chances in the process. My own 'perfect' team Fed-side only has 1 diplomat (purple with 2 crit traits), then 4 other purples with 2 crit traits each all from other departments. That combo together gives me a 33% crit chance, whereas if I used more diplomats it would drop into the high 20s.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,725
# 13
07-29-2013, 03:01 AM
anyone know if there is a 'best doff for the job' to maximise the crit success?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
# 14
07-29-2013, 04:56 AM
Totally depends on which side you are (Fed/Klingy) and there are a lot that can help - the purp doff from "Support" in DV is good for both Fed and kling and from the store on the academy the Fed Fab Eng from the Eng section (purp), Zochaev, has 3 crit traits - one of very few that do.

The main thing to remember is you want to crit, so only select one diplo for the feds, one tac/sec for klingy's then build the rest of the mission (4 more doffs) around crit traits - remember if you max out success chance it overwrites your crit chance to a lesser degree - so lowering your chance to crit, which you dont want. The max crit chance you can get iirc is 33%.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 868
# 15
07-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurgis1 View Post
Totally depends on which side you are (Fed/Klingy) and there are a lot that can help - the purp doff from "Support" in DV is good for both Fed and kling and from the store on the academy the Fed Fab Eng from the Eng section (purp), Zochaev, has 3 crit traits - one of very few that do.

The main thing to remember is you want to crit, so only select one diplo for the feds, one tac/sec for klingy's then build the rest of the mission (4 more doffs) around crit traits - remember if you max out success chance it overwrites your crit chance to a lesser degree - so lowering your chance to crit, which you dont want. The max crit chance you can get iirc is 33%.
33% isn't the highest. I've gotten 34% only using 1 doff with 3 traits, more exists but they are expensive on the exchange. Part of that getting 34% is still leaving percentage points left in failure and disaster. Run Zochaev + 4 more doffs with 2 traits (not diplomats or advisors) and you'll get the 34%.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,174
# 16
07-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,200
# 17
07-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim.
Thanks for the new line in my signature.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 644
# 18
07-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Well, I got "10 of 10," the Purple Cat dude, on my first try (Crit Success), so...

I've now got a Blue and a Purple technician which is really helping my aux2bat build fly. However, I'm wondering how long it will be before I see another "support" mission pop up. It's a bit of a PITA getting down to B'Tran all the time to check for mission availability - the lack of a direct transwarp target for my Fleet AHCR to jump to means lots of time transiting through sector space (at least on the way to B'Tran).

Question: How often do those "support" missions pop up?

RCK
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 868
# 19
07-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Well, I got "10 of 10," the Purple Cat dude, on my first try (Crit Success), so...

I've now got a Blue and a Purple technician which is really helping my aux2bat build fly. However, I'm wondering how long it will be before I see another "support" mission pop up. It's a bit of a PITA getting down to B'Tran all the time to check for mission availability - the lack of a direct transwarp target for my Fleet AHCR to jump to means lots of time transiting through sector space (at least on the way to B'Tran).

Question: How often do those "support" missions pop up?

RCK
Support missions in general pop up quite frequently. bit.ly/DOFFs

That link will help you find it.

Accept the doomsday device mission if you are a federation character, it gives you a mission transwarp 3 lightyears out from the transwarp to borg space then just slipstream down to btran.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 49
# 20
07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
anyone know if there is a 'best doff for the job' to maximise the crit success?
My experience is that to max out crit rate you want 5 purple quality DOffs who have a total of 10 critical traits between them and that no more than one of them is an Advisor or Diplomat, this will give a crit rate of 33% (more than one Advisor/Diplomat results in a higher success rate at the cost of crit). You can theoretically get the crit rate up a bit higher but doing so requires DOffs with three relevant crit rate and those are pretty rare.

In regards to specific DOFFs the ones that I mostly use are actually gotten from Support missions themselves. Delta Volanis, Eridan Belt and Zenas Expanse all award DOffs that have two critical traits for support.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.