Lt. Commander
# 1 TOS Klingons
05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
I know that there is the option to use TOS uniforms for Klingon faction characters, but how about bringing in the smooth forehead TOS Klingons as a playable character race? And how about the TOS Gorn uniforms as well? I'd even be willing to purchase a TOS package for the Klingon faction if it were available.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2011, 08:45 AM
From the material I've seen/read regarding them, they're physiologicly different. If I do decide to make another Klingon, I'll use the alien and make a ToS one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see them add the option too, it makes doing the mission in the past more amusing when you look in character.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
TBH, I would have preferred if the had not given the KDF Joined Trill, but Augmented Klingon instead.

They could have kept the Hyper Metabolism trait with the same name and the Joined Symbiote trait could have just been renamed to Augmented Neural Pathways with the exact same stats.
It would have fit what was said in "Enterprise" about the augmented Klingons there ("stronger, more intelligent") and it would have kept the factions more seperate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2011, 02:32 PM
That's actually an excellent point. And I like the idea of using an alien template as an immediate fix.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
TBH, I would have preferred if the had not given the KDF Joined Trill, but Augmented Klingon instead.

They could have kept the Hyper Metabolism trait with the same name and the Joined Symbiote trait could have just been renamed to Augmented Neural Pathways with the exact same stats.
It would have fit what was said in "Enterprise" about the augmented Klingons there ("stronger, more intelligent") and it would have kept the factions more seperate.
YES!!

This is great.

nuff said.

as far as a tos klingon, they would basically be this augment but with out the fancy skills, you do after all have to unlock the joined trill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2011, 04:47 PM
My Klingon main is a TOS Klingon, which I had to make using the Alien species.

The worst thing about it is that, while Cryptic has given us the unique gold tunic, they have NOT given us the distinctive pants or belt or boots. And the female Klingons in TOS had a unique one-piece miniskirt dress which is also not in the game at all.

Dear Cryptic: If you're going to give us a "TOS Uniform" option, please give us the ENTIRE UNIFORM, not just one piece of it! And a way to make Klingons smooth-headed and with the facial hair of the TOS. Otherwise, we can't really make TOS Klingons at all!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee

As someone who plays Joined Trill, /SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynical13 View Post
I know that there is the option to use TOS uniforms for Klingon faction characters, but how about bringing in the smooth forehead TOS Klingons as a playable character race? And how about the TOS Gorn uniforms as well? I'd even be willing to purchase a TOS package for the Klingon faction if it were available.
Meh, that's what the alien generator is for.... not the name Klingon but the look and skills of one....
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I really think removing the joined trill would be the best solution, it isnt really canon that I can tell, and giving it the same trait as the joined trill, with a new name totally fits with the augments. I really think Cryptic should do this, Im amazed they didnt think of it!
Closed Thread