Lt. Commander
# 91
01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Was happening to me a lot last night in Australia. It was worse when joined into a Open Space Battle, where I couldn't even move at one stage. It was terrible. Ping doesn't seem to be an issue (250 odd). I hope this gets resolved, as I had it happen in CO, but considering the audience for STO is larger, I would have anticipated this issue would have been resolved before now
Lt. Commander
Same issue here in Holland, got Orange 20 Mbit connection and whats kinda funny that when i get a lag spike i recieve a ton of packages from the server and then its fine,

What do i recieve then?? Its not like i need much info or anything, My send is always 34 or lower and the recieved should be double but no more and it spikes to over the 10K wich is just stupid, if it stays under 300 it runs fine, my ping is around 300 wich is fine under the server load, but the server is sending me allot of crap wich isnt needed.

Cryptic, look at what your server sends all the time to players and try to figure out if there is a problem, wich i believe there is.

It mostly happens when i send a command to the server to slow my ship down or something. and the graph thing via /netgraph 1 is of the charts when it happends all, completly full green, wich isnt normal aswell, hope you can set up more servers to spread the load or something in that order, or check your outgoing comunications.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
It would be nice if they posted in the main threads for these things instead of a random here and there. Dev response saying they're looking at it here http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1403986
Ah, good...thanks for the link.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_rocker View Post
I know we're in Beta.. i know we have to expect this..

Are other people experiencing this a lot (every minute / few minutes)

Just wondering if there is a problem my end.. i'm on 8Mb ADSL and it has been running just fine

Just wanted to check
Getting it to
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah I keep getting the Server not Responding message too. It kicked me all the way out once too also lots of rubber banding since that started.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberSmoke View Post
I am currently getting a Server Not Responding followed by a server drop/disconnection. I am currently trying to trudge through the Star Cluster quests, Delta Volanus I think. Pacific Coast, USA.
im having the same prob and im in the mid west.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
It's not just a UK thing... I'm US and getting it all the time from about 3pm EST until now. I could swear it's related to server load.

Earlier in the day I was getting that message about not responding and getting disconnected.. Now it's still happening though it's manifesting itself as intermittent losses of ability to communicate with the server and recovering while still in game.

Along with it is horrible rubber-banding and popping all over the map when trying to move. I think it's a connection issue not on the player, but server-end.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeto View Post
It's not just a UK thing... I'm US and getting it all the time from about 3pm EST until now. I could swear it's related to server load.

Earlier in the day I was getting that message about not responding and getting disconnected.. Now it's still happening though it's manifesting itself as intermittent losses of ability to communicate with the server and recovering while still in game.

Along with it is horrible rubber-banding and popping all over the map when trying to move. I think it's a connection issue not on the player, but server-end.
Having done a bit more research.. this has to be linked to server load.. the sirius sector is not very nice.. deep space encounters are ok
Moving to the Regulus sector.. the Disconnect is back

CRYPTIC,.. More nodes on the server.. it can't cope with us all..
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
I got this too, especially on the map where there are other ships (player ones) floating by. On the missions everything seems to be fine. The servers must be a bit overloaded with players.
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
hoping for that dev post/update??