Lt. Commander
# 121
01-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Still having the SAME issues. Can't stay connected to the server for more then 3 Seconds after it finishes loading this morning. Had the problem last night as well. Doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is. I just can't stay on.
Lt. Commander
# 122
01-15-2010, 07:00 AM
not to cast doubt on you at all. mine has been fine. even in the busiest times??

dont know
Lt. Commander
# 123
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm having the same issue as well (canada). half the time I connect for a few minutes adn am then dropped. Other times I get the "disconnected from server" message during loading and get dumped back to the log in screen.
Lt. Commander
# 124
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Help! I'm getting this as well! Along with really bad rubberbanding. (netgraph shows spikes every second!) I live in the Philippines.

I've actually tried three internet connections:

First was my cable internet. (Sky Broadband--for some reason it shows my location as from the UK.) No matter what time of the day, I kept getting the server response error and bad rubberbanding. Never was able to play properly. I guess this was to be expected, because my cable internet isn't very friendly with online gaming. Something to do with proxy servers or bursting or throttling or whatever.

Second was my DSL connection. During off-peak hours, I found that I was able to play smoothly, with few lag spikes and even fewer disconnections. But during peak hours--now, as I type this--it's just as bad as my cable internet. Frustrating, knowing that I have no problems with other online games on DSL.

Third.... was a HSDPA USB modem. It's like using 3G internet on your iPhone. But it worked. Constant latency. No lag spikes. I may as well just use internet tethering on my iPhone! I don't understand how I'm able to get playable pings on STO.

Now, you might tell me just to stick with the HSDPA modem. But it's prepaid and quite expensive--I don't want to be paying for two subscriptions just to play. (STO + HSDPA.) Moreover, my brother would like to get into the game. But as it is now, I can't imagine how we can even stay connected for the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
UK

BT

Wired

The game is unplayable, i think the longest ive lasted is a hour before i get kicked, 80% of the time im on the log in screen getting timed out, i know its beta but id like to get in the game to find some bugs, im not to sure on what im testing at the login screen most of the night.

Think im just going to quit for 2 weeks till release and cross my fingers that my pre-order has not been a waste of money.
Lt. Commander
# 126
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I am getting on fine during the day a little testy occasionally but I will be really disappointed if every evening I cant play.....so far I am managing about an hour tops, I have maybe half hour during the day when i could play but main time is after 7pm and I cant get on, or I get the server down message....I want to get a subscription but cant justify the price for 1 hour a day of shaky play!...All i want to know is if this is how its gunna be?
Lt. Commander
# 127
01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
i'm having the same problem where i get stuck on the loading screen to the sol system. I dont know if the server is too full or something else. I can get on when it's late. but i have a job and need to sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 128
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
UK - same. It's completely pathetic, what's worst is that despite it being almost perfect in CB, there were threads saying that this would happen...but it hasn't been allowed for. "It's a beta so just shut up" - no I won't, because if they can't have everyone disconnect free in OB then the game will literally last a month after launch (solely because those with preorders will want to have something to show for their money, they might *try* to play that month...)
Lt. Commander
# 129
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm getting it all the day and I don't understand how some people in the game are already Lieutnant Commander. Impossible to play "server not responding"
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
POSSIBLE SOLUTION, EASY TO TRY

I could not connect to server last night. Then I went into the options for the STO launcher and changed the Proxy from US to None , all of a sudden I could connect to the account server again, but had bad rubber banding. Then I changed to EU (I live in Canada but it still worked) After that NO Rubber banding at all. Give it a try.