Lt. Commander
# 131
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxone View Post
POSSIBLE SOLUTION, EASY TO TRY

I could not connect to server last night. Then I went into the options for the STO launcher and changed the Proxy from US to None , all of a sudden I could connect to the account server again, but had bad rubber banding. Then I changed to EU (I live in Canada but it still worked) After that NO Rubber banding at all. Give it a try.
Using the EU proxy (in the EU Zone) does make a difference.. but largely I (and it appears an awful lot of people) are still getting this.

I'm totally convinced this is related to server loading mixed with latency coming from the Server.. my average ping to the East Coast of the USA is about 150ms (nettest.exe) which is matched by the results that I get from speedtest.net

I'm on 8Mb ADSL (SKY)..
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I've been playing since the 12th, between 7pm and 9pm. Playing from the UK

Mine seems OK until I want to transition from one mode to another, i.e. Dock to Ship or Ship to Sector to Space. I will get the message either beither the transition is complete or during the "loading" screen.

I'm pretty sure its not something specific about me judging by the thread.

Connection is good and I get good speeds, I'm with Be so there are no shaping or routing issues.

I can live with this in the beta but is it going to carry on in the full game, not sure I wanna start a months worth of play if I can't get more then an hour playing it
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_rocker View Post
Using the EU proxy (in the EU Zone) does make a difference.. but largely I (and it appears an awful lot of people) are still getting this.

I'm totally convinced this is related to server loading mixed with latency coming from the Server.. my average ping to the East Coast of the USA is about 150ms (nettest.exe) which is matched by the results that I get from speedtest.net

I'm on 8Mb ADSL (SKY)..
Glad to hear it made a difference for you. Seems to be hit or miss for people that have tried it so far.
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-15-2010, 02:25 PM
I am on EU proxy. But almost everytime when I get a loading screen, I''ll get "Server not responding".
After that I will be disconnected and have problems for almost 20min to get back in.
Either I'll get a time out on the account server or I'll get a time out on the log in server.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
i'll just point out that tonight after many many attempts to get past the patching the launcher.. i changed the proxy settings back to none..

Logged in.. so being in the EU using the EU proxy made it WORSE..

There is no consistency here
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm getting some strange problems where I'll get kicked off instantly when trying to enter a system and then be stuck at the connecting to account page for about 15 minutes and then it just connects fine.
Lt. Commander
# 137
01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_rocker View Post
i'll just point out that tonight after many many attempts to get past the patching the launcher.. i changed the proxy settings back to none..

Logged in.. so being in the EU using the EU proxy made it WORSE..

There is no consistency here
Indeed I think the thing to keep in mind it that changing the proxy setting to ANY of the three choices can instantly affect your ability to login and in some cases the rubber banding as well. This certainly isn't the case for everyone and like you said the actual setting isn't consistent. Thanks for sharing your experience with trying this.
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-18-2010, 06:39 AM
I been having the same problem for days..
I keep getting "Server not responding" error and then get disconnected constantly in populated areas. seems fine when I'm on my own in an instance, IF i can make it that far, and even then sometimes i get the msg. it's really annoying as i can't get a decent game session in, and often not even enough time to send in a bug report cos i get disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-18-2010, 06:59 AM
I have this problem also. It's getting really boring, i can't play an hour without behing disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 140
01-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Tried a few times yesterday and I guess with it being weekend the servers were more rammed then ever. Couldn't connect at all