Lt. Commander
# 141
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manawydan
I've been experiencing the exact same problems with Server Not Responding and disconnects. It's a constant thing. I rarely can stay connected to the server for more then 2 minutes, most times it's less then a few seconds before I loose connection. However, unlike a lot of folks here, I'm located in the North East corner of the United States.
I'm also eastern US and have been getting disconnected for the past 4 or 5 days. nearly constantly with few instances where I can play for more than 5 minutes. I was worried it was a problem on my end, but after seeing all these posts, I would probably prefer that!
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Ditto I had this problem since the 13th. Im currently in the States, I bought my laptop here (in the States) and have been here for good few month (almost a year)
I have asked as many people as I could for help and got no answer. I have become so dissatisfied I cancelled my pre-order and I have given up on getting in. I may comeback some day, Im a huge StarTrek fan and I love the StarTrek RPG idea, but it may be some time (a year most likely)

Here is more on my actual problem
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=66296
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Oh thank god for this thread! I thought it was just me! Logging in here from Oz is a frustrating experience. For the past 2 days its just constant Server Not Responding messages and disconnections. Just in the past 15 minutes Its disconnected at least 10-15 times.

Right pain in the arse it is!
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Just thouigh that I would update this thread with my new findings

I decided to to my best to remove the bandwidth variable (i.e home broadband) so I went to my office..

We are on a 10Gb Fibre Channel..

I was still getting the 'Server not responding' message when I was able to log in
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Although it has greatly improved in the past two days, I'm still getting disconnected occasionally. Just thought I'd add that.
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-20-2010, 09:53 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&goto=newpost

a link to my other thread.

Still the same issues. Atleast there has been a DEV response on this somewhere and im praying to any deity that will listen that they fix this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 147
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
ok wtf gives, im in the uk! Yes its around 6am here. Ive been trying to connect to finish downloading the patch for some time, finally found out that the patch server crashed and it had been fixed but still could not connect *this is after downloading 60% of it already* I changed the proxy from UK to US and bang i connect right away and im patching rather fast ...
Lt. Commander
# 148
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I live in the Mid-West of the United States, Chicago area, and today, I've been getting disconnected every five minutes all night long. I know it's crazy, but i sat in frustration playing over an hour like that. Some times not even being on long enough to send a bug report ( though a few made it). Now it says the servers are up and I cannot even patch.
Being that this thread is 15 pages long, filled with people all over the globe having the same problem, should tell you right away, it has nothing to do with your ISP, your location, if you have a router or not, wireless or other wise. This is 100% to do with the server we are all trying to connect to.
It is up to them to fix the issue. Make no mistake, they know if they don't get this fixed, they are gonna be looking for new jobs and someone will be out allot of money, because this will fail. I am sure they're working on a solution.
Make it a good one Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 149
01-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Not sure if anyone here tried or plays champions online another cryptic mmo but the issue appears exactly the same for me, Rubber banding and server not responding messages anytime after 5pm, I left champions because of it. the Devs were interested in routing issues. I can only hazard a guess that exactly the same setup has been used in STO and the same problem has occurred, hopeful champions online was fixed and so will STO.

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...ad.php?t=76001
Lt. Commander
# 150
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Despite the last few days being an improvement, today has digressed to the previous level of disconnects for me. Anyone else getting this?