Lt. Commander
# 41
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheath
welcome to beta.
if you had read my initial post... you would know that I appreciate this is beta..

What this thread is for, is to ascertain the frequency of this... and if you'd bothered to read the posts rather than trolling you'd know that this problem appears to affect EU players the most

Don;t you think that's the sort of thing the Development team wants to know
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius.
Actually... No, its not just a beta issues. but thanks for playing. it was also a long persistent problem in Champions online even months after final release.

And it looks set to be a major factor in STO atm as well.
just wait for everyone to quit playing (or in this case not playing) then sto will be good in a few months to
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I can't even start the launcher now. It just says patch server cannot be found.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I've been experiencing the exact same problems with Server Not Responding and disconnects. It's a constant thing. I rarely can stay connected to the server for more then 2 minutes, most times it's less then a few seconds before I loose connection. However, unlike a lot of folks here, I'm located in the North East corner of the United States.

I know this is Beta, but this isn't right at all. I've played in other Open Betas and NEVER saw this kinda connection problems. If it's simple server load, I sure hope this isn't the same hardware they are planning on using in less then a month's time to launch the game officially. Though, I don't know how that could really be the cause if some folks are actually managing to stay online.

Don't know what's going on here, but it's interesting to see I'm not the only one having the problem. Though it's also confusing as to why everyone isn't seeing it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I tried using the proxy server... actually seemed to make matters worse!!!!

Any chance of acknowledgement from the dev team pls????
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM
It's starting to get redick.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-13-2010, 12:12 PM
same bloody issue as well, why cant crptic get some decent servers to play on? Warhammer Online had no issues like this in thier beta, why cant STO do the same?
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Getting "Server Not Responding" like crazy. Appearing as a Ship in Earth's Spacedock. Appearing as my guy in Space. IRC Chat not working on the website. Not to be rude, but Cryptic you might try adding more then 1 server to run everything.

I understand it's beta and we will see this (and from the looks of it. It happens in CO alot). But Cryptic NEEDS to fix this issue before this game gets released. Star Trek is loved by Millions of people around the world. I'm not saying that everyone of those people will buy this game, but I believe you are in for more then you can handle if you can't solve this problem (I alone know around 10 or so people that have already said they are buying this game). 10 people isn't much but if everyone in your "open beta" knows 10 people that turns into thousands upon thousands of people and you can't even handle the beta players right now.

Please Get this Fixed ASAP!!!

Off to watch tv now because I can't do a simple mission from getting dropped every 5 minutes. I'll try again later tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I too am having the same issue right now.. whats up?
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
meh.. no chance to stay in game right now... after 20:00 gmt i get dc after 10-60 seconds. Before 20:00gmt it was fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjac View Post
Getting "Server Not Responding" like crazy. Appearing as a Ship in Earth's Spacedock. Appearing as my guy in Space. IRC Chat not working on the website. Not to be rude, but Cryptic you might try adding more then 1 server to run everything.
There is more then one server :p

One large game world dosn't mean that there is only one server, it rather means there is a whole cluster behid this. :p

Waht you can ask for is, adding more nodes to the cluster.