Lt. Commander
Cryptic, please don't make the Romulans a wuss!

I was really hoping to play the classic Romulans, Tal'Shiar and all. But I actually I don't mind a fresh start. But... please do not make a second Federation or make us play those fake Romulans on New Romulus.

Aliens have the right to be different from the US!!! It is bad enough they ruined the Ferengi on DS9. Please do not mess up our Romulans with that boring, arrogant Western narcissism!!
Captain
# 2
03-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Romulus have been destroyed. The empress assimilated. The Tal Shiar are behind the homeworld destruction, and are puppets from another power.

Do you really think we can have the Tal Shiar suddenly coming back and help the RSE ?

Also, in TNG (the episode with Troi posing as a Tal Shiar), we can see the Tal Shiar are not really liked by the people and the military. They are ruthless and arrogant.

I don't mind having a "not so evil" Romulan faction. At least, we may avoid some cliche.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
I agree with gong. We'll have to wait and see what the story writer has in mind, i heared she is a big romulan fan sooooo maybe....
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 4
03-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post

I was really hoping to play the classic Romulans, Tal'Shiar and all. But I actually I don't mind a fresh start. But... please do not make a second Federation or make us play those fake Romulans on New Romulus.

Aliens have the right to be different from the US!!! It is bad enough they ruined the Ferengi on DS9. Please do not mess up our Romulans with that boring, arrogant Western narcissism!!
The playable Romulans will be the New Romulus versions. The Tal Shiar are universal bad guys in league with the Iconians, who want to destroy all life in the galaxy. You're not going to be playing as part of the Tal Shiar, unless the storyline involves some how freeing them of the Iconians' influence.

Whether or not they are "a wuss" depends on you.
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-21-2013, 08:10 AM
I can't imagine that they have removed the Fed vs Rom missions, or the Romulan 'Enemy Encounters', etc. So there must be 'good' Romulans and 'bad' Romulans. So presumably you play as some faction that opposes the 'bad' Romulans and helps New Romulus, etc.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lieutenant
# 6
03-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Last edited by syberghost; 03-21-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Captain
# 7
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
There's nothing wrong with the New Romulans, they directly descend from the Reunification movement and have a solid foundation in canon.

The Romulans have always been a democratic society, even with the vicious political intrigue and back biting.

D'Tan has sought to remove that culture of mistrust and deception, and as the Vulcans would say that's logical. Lest you forget that that culture of corruption got old Romulus blasted to slag. And Federation influence is obvious since the movement D'Tan is in charge of is based on something Spock was heavily involved in founding. (At least its modern incarnation).

That said, I'm hoping the New Romulan forces that we will play as will be bad ass like the first Romulan we ever saw, The Commander in Balance of Terror. Or Donatra before...well you know. An honorable counterpart to the Starfleet officers rather than a snake like Tomalak or Taris.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-21-2013, 08:42 AM
They can easily take the overt/covert twist, and make open actions serve covert purposes of a different nature, with minimal textual input though...

Not a fan of wussification either. Is that a legit word?

---
Commander
# 9
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Its sounds like you get to play Che or a Romulan verison of the Maque a revolutionary which does sound like a very different type of game play then the Federation or Klingons.
Commander
# 10
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Its sounds like you get to play Che or a Romulan verison of the Maque a revolutionary which does sound like a very different type of game play then the Federation or Klingons.