Career Officer
I read somewhere about this idea and found it fantastic for several reasons:

- New "Species" into the character creator that would allow TOS-era looking klingon.
- differentiate factions while offering a character with the same traits as Joint-Trill

Of course, before rage is unleashed upon this thread, people willing to keep existing joint trill should be able to do so and still customize them, not like what happened from old to new Gorn.

Traits would be exactly the same but:

Joint Trill.............Klingon Augment
Hyper Metabolism<----->Hyper Metabolism
Joint Symbiote<----->Augmented Neural Pathways

So, while keeping trait options, it would add a KDF flavored customization and a highly requested option to create TOS era Klingon while not using the 'alien' species.

Thoughts?

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Naw. The Klingon augments were a failure, and the greatest shame on the Empire. You don't see them around anymore for a reason - no one wanted to be one.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Augments and Trill are Different
they have VERY different abilities
(A fusion Klingon human hybrid which since enterprise we are expected to call augments)
Why not just at "original series klingon" as a C store option
and sell the Boffs like they do the assorted furry creatures
Career Officer
# 4
03-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Naw. The Klingon augments were a failure, and the greatest shame on the Empire. You don't see them around anymore for a reason - no one wanted to be one.
Half the Klingon arc Fed missions in the game involve the Klingon Empire experimenting with new augments.

It'd make a damn sight more sense for the Klingons to add augments than for Joined Trills to actively work for an enemy of their own people.
Yeah yeah, Trill colony. Rubbish justification. Where are the normal Trills then? Joined Trills are supposed to be old and wise. I do not associate treason with being old and wise.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Meh, the Joined Trill were always quite odd in the KDF, should have been Empathic Kriosians.
Career Officer
# 6
03-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
Meh, the Joined Trill were always quite odd in the KDF, should have been Empathic Kriosians.
Anything that can justify having equivalent stats would be fine. Just not Joined Trills.
I mean you might as well have KDF Vulcans and Starfleet Gorn.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-25-2013, 05:59 AM
I do have a KDF joined trill but he has a back story to go with it

Thrown out of starfleet for gross insubordination and striking a superior officer he fled to the Empire where his agression was more acceptable (oh and he likes to kill bolians but who doesn't)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Anything that can justify having equivalent stats would be fine. Just not Joined Trills.
I mean you might as well have KDF Vulcans and Starfleet Gorn.
That's quite a bad example, since the Gorn actually got along with the Federation.
I'd say a better one would be Starfleet Nausicaans, hah, that'd be a sight to see.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-25-2013, 07:31 AM
As much as I like the idea to have a playable TOS Klingons (in the form of Klingon augments in this case), I'm not really sure how it would go with the Klingon lore.

What we know from the shows is that the Klingons were very embaraced for losing their forehead ridges and their Klingon look and tended to hide that from others anytime they actually could. Also Worf had that remark when asked howcome those human-looking people are Klingons - that they don't discuss that with outsiders. And he was a Starfleet officer back then, so I guess that this is quite an issue between the Klingon ethnos.
I would love to have them in STO, but I'm just not sure how it would go down lore-wise.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 10
03-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Nobody says Klingon augments would have to be smooth heads. Though it would be nice as a cosmetic option.