Lieutenant
# 21
04-12-2013, 09:10 AM
I have said it once and I will say it again; If there is a kick button as some people already said, that is another way trolls can annoy you.

Since there is only 5 people in a team you could be unlucky and get one full of them.. Unlike MPFPS of which can have up 60 players. So justice will come to them after bit, and normally does as I have seen.

Judging by the amount of them I say it does not work..But as one pointed out if we keep bombarding devs with these reports they may do something about it.

If I got a report that someone in my fleet misbehaving, I will kick them. against clan/fleet rules
Captain
# 22
04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
NONE of these "offences" is specified as such in the EULA ... ergo, the GMs cannot take action no matter how many tickets they receive.
Sure they can. The User Conduct agreement has at least two section which would be applicable to people afk-leeching or intentionally trying to piss people off.

Quote:
(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
as well as

Quote:
(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
Career Officer
# 23
04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Sure they can. The User Conduct agreement has at least two section which would be applicable to people afk-leeching or intentionally trying to piss people off.
Nice try, but neither of those really apply to going AFK. Being AFK doesn't impede or disrupt your game play. You are still able to achieve mission objectives with someone AFK.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
04-16-2013, 05:25 AM
i think you should get a 72 hour lock on your account for being afk in a stf. you intentionally joined a stf. not by oops i accidentally hit a button...but by going into a menu, joining a queue and then again re affirming that you want to play. 99.9999999 percent of afk is just someone being an ass to everyone. yeah, i can finish the mission with someone doing this...too easy most of the time. but its the principle of it.

but unfortunately there is no way to implement it.

Last edited by lonh12; 04-16-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 25
04-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussbridgeburner View Post
there is some inconsistency there....being a loser requires being a player. just a bad one.

no substantial comment, just being a smartass.
Fair enough

Wanted to call that sort of player something stronger, as they are particularly loathesome, but that'd be distasteful, isn't really my style and would likely result in a moderator hitting edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lieutenant
# 26
04-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
AFKers are a different animal. They're farming the rewards that come with the instance. Take away the reward that can be AFK'd and voila ... no AFKers. One solution used in some other successful MMO's is that players must be within immediate aggro range of the kill or completed mission objective in order to be eligible for the associated reward. Your run of the mill AFKer cannot just join the instance and then walk away ... he must sit there and wait for the end of the mission in order to race to the reward range. If he sits within reward range, he's likely to aggro mobs, die and respawn out of reward range. Take away the AFK farm and the AFK farmers move elsewhere.
Thats how STF's used to work. Everytime you completed an STF the players had to move to the reward spawn point to collect their rewards before leaving the STF but too many stupid people made a fuss that they were leaving an STF and 'forgetting' to claim their reward.
Ensign
# 27
04-19-2013, 04:40 AM
gripe gripe this has has been going on for years now easy fix put person on ignore problem solved.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-19-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Super Moderator
# 28
04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Gentle reminder... No "Forum PvP" and no insulting others, guys...

Use good sense, a sense of humor, and when in doubt re-read the forum rules.

Thanx
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek