Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenzao View Post
we've decided that Cryptic underestimated the strain the server would be taking when the went into open beta...
Considering Cryptic has been determining exactly how many people get into the "open beta" (by limiting how many keys are given out) that would be really sad.

Mind you, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Mark me up as another one who hangs on loading screen when transiting from Vega to Sol. Am going to attempt a reroll and try again later tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Considering Cryptic has been determining exactly how many people get into the "open beta" (by limiting how many keys are given out) that would be really sad.

Mind you, that doesn't mean it's not possible.
well, not only do they have the ones they are giving out, they also have keys coming in from anyone who pre orders the thing... so... their control over the number of keys is limited because of the amount of people like my family and I who have been waiting for a chance to get a crack at this for 2+ years... sure they limit how many keys they give out, but they'd lose business if they limited the number of people who purchased their game... so... they can only limit so much...

sorry for getting off topic...

still no progress on my end, despite everything I've tried... if I get it to work on my end, you guys will be notified immediately...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamer
Before you select character select the back button on bottom left. that gives you access to the options.
Thanks! I found it!

Taking the graphic bar to the lowest from "recommended" took me to the sol system.
Now I have to readjust my graphical setting every time I want to warp.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I am having the same issues as well. Tried all the fixes listed here with no success. I loaded into Sol once, but then the sever disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Same thing here in closed and open. Had it since yesterday and still going
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Having the same issue.

An earlier system was exhibiting the same problem, but eventually it loaded. Hopefully the GFX changes will enable Sol to load...
Lt. Commander
# 27 Setting to minimum DOES work.
01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I had to drop everything to the bare min. eve going to 800x600 but it worked. My system specs are:
single core celeron
1GB ram
x550 ATI pci-x card

If that POS system can get to Sol so should you!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2010, 05:36 PM
im also getting the same problem however the first time I let it sit for about 5-10min and then it loaded the system but it said Disconnected from server and I couldn't do anything other then log out
Lt. Commander
# 29 Sol System fix / sorta
01-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Just a FYI, I turned everything down as much as possible in Video and advanced Video settings. Got to Sol first try. Not sure on if I needed to or not lol. 3.4 Pentium (single core) Nivida 7800's SLI , 2 gig ram... anyways... Im in lol
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentPriest View Post
I am having the same issues as well. Tried all the fixes listed here with no success. I loaded into Sol once, but then the sever disconnected.

Same thing with me.