Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
04-09-2013, 04:06 AM
It was fantastic Naz.

My feedback is the following, based purely on my own experience of the tournament.

I come from a very small fleet and as such was unable to field my own team, so was kind of a last minute pug team that was thrown together. We kept having to plug holes after each match

Sure we could have practiced some time together but RL comes first, and because we were complete strangers to one another, making that connection was all the more difficult.

What I would like to see for the next tournament is the following:

1.) Meet-&-Greet session 3 weeks prior to tournament starts in which players get together on TS, are introduced to one another, rules emphasized etc. It gives the PUG teams the opportunity to narrow the divide somewhat between themselves and dedicated premades that have been playing together for ages.

2.) Once the teams have met, they go off for 3 weeks prior to the tournament during which they have the opportunity to practice together.

The bottom line for me is allowing some of the PUGs opportunities to be included, and also allow them the fun of participation. To do this they need to be given the opportunity of at least having played together a bit and figured out a strategy, otherwise its a bit of a rollstomp, as happened with my team. Only by the third match did things start coming together and we won 15/1.

Naz you did awesome. Thanks for the effort!

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers
Commander
# 32
04-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
It was fantastic Naz.

My feedback is the following, based purely on my own experience of the tournament.

I come from a very small fleet and as such was unable to field my own team, so was kind of a last minute pug team that was thrown together. We kept having to plug holes after each match

Sure we could have practiced some time together but RL comes first, and because we were complete strangers to one another, making that connection was all the more difficult.

1.) Meet-&-Greet session 3 weeks prior to tournament starts in which players get together on TS, are introduced to one another, rules emphasized etc. It gives the PUG teams the opportunity to narrow the divide somewhat between themselves and dedicated premades that have been playing together for ages.

2.) Once the teams have met, they go off for 3 weeks prior to the tournament during which they have the opportunity to practice together.

The bottom line for me is allowing some of the PUGs opportunities to be included, and also allow them the fun of participation. To do this they need to be given the opportunity of at least having played together a bit and figured out a strategy, otherwise its a bit of a rollstomp, as happened with my team. Only by the third match did things start coming together and we won 15/1.

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers

So your in a small fleet that don't pvp together and expect the tournament organizers to help you, I don't understand why don't you make your fleet instead the focus of Practice and become better together with the people you choose to play with. Just a suggestion.
Noone.
Empire Veteran
# 33
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
It was fantastic Naz.

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers

I don't see how that would work for any tourney as sitting on it for that time tends to make them flop.

That said, bootcamp TS is always available to anyone and everyone for PVP purposes.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Career Officer
# 34
04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers

Hey drk,

Well, to be fair the "PUGs" do have opportunities to do this on their own year-round through OPvP channel, PvP bootcamp TS server, or as Zor mentioned making your own fleet.

If it makes you feel any better "Team New Breed Sad Pandas" (my team) was a collection of 5 Pandas (some new, some vets) that before the tournament was announced had only one practice match a where the 5 of us actually played as a team.

So I can definitely sympathize with not feeling prepared or having a plan going in, but at the same time the act of not practicing was our own issue (RL stuff) and those are the breaks.

Captain
# 35
04-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
So your in a small fleet that don't pvp together and expect the tournament organizers to help you, I don't understand why don't you make your fleet instead the focus of Practice and become better together with the people you choose to play with. Just a suggestion.

As I said, it was merely an observation not a criticism. "Expect the organizers to help me"? Got it. Thanks.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 04-10-2013 at 07:14 AM.