Ensign
It would be awesome to have an option for swimsuit like costumes! For off duty uniforms when your character visits Risa or is jumping through water on any map including Starfleet Academy. I'm sure it would improve game play You know to evolve on the idea of being as realistic as possible. Instead of just going through water or vacation areas fully clothed. I'd spend a few c points on swimsuits, just like a TON of people i'm sure!
Career Officer
# 2
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domination20 View Post
It would be awesome to have an option for swimsuit like costumes! For off duty uniforms when your character visits Risa or is jumping through water on any map including Starfleet Academy. I'm sure it would improve game play You know to evolve on the idea of being as realistic as possible. Instead of just going through water or vacation areas fully clothed. I'd spend a few c points on swimsuits, just like a TON of people i'm sure!
And see ESD / First City become "bikinis online"? No thanks.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Ensign
# 3
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Haha! Female characters can already show all the skin they want but their privates. A onesie swimsuit would make them show less skin in some cases
Career Officer
# 4
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Qo'noS is already like that, what with all the scantily-clad Orion females running everywhere.

And I already avoid ESD - the troll capital of the universe - as much as possible.

I say do it.
Commander
# 5
03-25-2013, 11:40 AM
There was a costume/Risa attire thread a while ago. Many want this. I have no real problem with it as we find scantily clad female forms in risqu? attire everywhere.

If we are talking about actual sports Illustrated edition swim wear I would prefer it limited to the recreational map with age appropriate gate.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 6
03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Haha! Female characters can already show all the skin they want but their privates. A onesie swimsuit would make them show less skin in some cases

That is true. The terran TOS and the orion outfits show as much skin as a swimsuit.
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
My understanding is if we get Swimwear it would be most likely restricted to Risa and ONLY Risa. This is a mandate from CBS. Which is why I believe it isn't in game at this point as the Dev staff doesn't currently have the tech to limit the outfit choice to a certain area.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
It would be nice to get a Dev response on this sort of issue. But I do agree that having a swimsuit option would be quite nice, and I'd be quite willing to save up 5K zen to unlock it. If nothing else, take a page from WoW and make it a 'plugin' so that only those that want to see it are able to do so.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Im game for it, or at least the pretty outfits form the shows. TOS had some very nice ones! ^_^ And honestly.. Who cares if toons run around like that? Star Trek is full of skimpy outfits and they are always fine with it in the shows.
Career Officer
# 10
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Orion women can, yes. That's canon to Trek. You didn't see Dr. Crusher, Troi, Janeway, Seven of Nine, T'Pol, Hoshi Sato, Ro Lauren, Tasha Yar etc. walking about the ship in a bikini every week, did you?

Not sure STO could keep the ESRB rating if they allow it, and from what I recall, CBS is against it, so good luck.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?