Captain
# 41
04-17-2013, 03:47 PM
What do you guys have your power levels set at? I have mine at 100 to weapons, 50 to shields, and 25 for engines and auxiliary, but my shields seem to get worn down so quickly I'm thinking I should maybe change it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 42
04-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What do you guys have your power levels set at? I have mine at 100 to weapons, 50 to shields, and 25 for engines and auxiliary, but my shields seem to get worn down so quickly I'm thinking I should maybe change it.
the the build i posted on the first page, i had the default settings - favoring defense. Default settings so that I had just enough power to use Beam Overload.

EDIT: but i found that i could lower weapon power even more since it wasn't that important.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 04-22-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 43
05-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I suspect that once the romulan ships come out we're going to be seeing many more foundry missions that make use of Star Trek Enterprise events (like the Enterprise encountering the Romulans for the first time).
Let's hope by Christmas that we'll at least have a Lobi store upgrade for the NX Enterprise. Like being able to add more console slots, or adding armor plating that increases the hull strength. And maybe a special add-on that gives us Positron Beacons that detect cloaked ships for a limited time. For example when you use the Positron Beacons, the grappler gets disabled during that time. And if you don't have a grappler equipped, it could reduce defense power - in other words, correlating that with the fact that you'd be more vulnerable while searching for cloaked ships, but you get a huge boost in sensors during that period
Career Officer
# 44
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
The NX is a really cool design, but its the interior that wows me, its the best Star Trek Interior in my opinion, they really should have released it like the did for the defiant bridge/ship interior and constitution bridge/ship interior.

I would use it for sure!!! It has that classic scifi look to it!
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
A few months back, I was flying around in my NX just because I like to take her out for a spin every now and then. Anyway, a Borg Red Alert event happened, and without even thinking, I went into it ...

Assimilated Borg Set, Common Polaron Cannons, and Common Chroniton Torpedoes ... yeah, it didn't go very well.

(I did discover, however, that if you hew extremely close to the command ship, you can wipe out its health by getting hit by its plasma energy bolt.)
Career Officer
# 46
05-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I would rather see a VA fleet Miranda before the NX in this game.
Career Officer
# 47
05-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
The NX is a really cool design, but its the interior that wows me, its the best Star Trek Interior in my opinion, they really should have released it like the did for the defiant bridge/ship interior and constitution bridge/ship interior.

I would use it for sure!!! It has that classic scifi look to it!
I agree. If we had that interior, there's so much we could do in terms of foundry missions as well. I really hope they give us an NX interior by Christmas. I think we deserve it more than some other stuff that has been provided.
Career Officer
# 48
05-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I figured out a good solution for the NX having maximum capability if probes and spheres start to get over-whelming:

[Romulan Dual Plasma Beam Bank Mk XII [Acc]x2]
[Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher]

Mk XII Borg set

[Plasma Mine Launcher Mk XII [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]]

[Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk XI]

[Console - Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console]

[Console - Universal - Grappler]

[Console - Universal - Point Defense System]

---------

Of course this setup can be improved with top of the line neutronium.
But until you have a cube on top of you, you can insert either a Torpedo point Defense console or Theta Radiation console instead of the neutronium (obviously, since probes don't fight back).
On the other hand, you could put in an Ambiplasma Envelope console, instead of the grappler. Depends on what you find more useful (depending on your skill point allocation, somethings will be more effective).

The above setup is used with my science captain who has a skill point allocation oriented toward disabling.

EDIT: almost forgot: for tactical ability, while doing probes, i have torpedo spread (with a Romulan b.o.f.f. that improves science abilities). Then, if spheres and cubes show up, I switch to beam over-load to punch through shields, so my mines can do maximum damage.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 05-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
05-20-2013, 03:34 PM
just to let you know you cant put the TPD on anything BUT the Armitage and Fleet Armitage due to it being a t5 ship.....sort of sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 50
05-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
just to let you know you cant put the TPD on anything BUT the Armitage and Fleet Armitage due to it being a t5 ship.....sort of sucks
aaaaah. Crap. That sucks. Would have been very effective on an NX

Ok then I suppose you could put in Theta Radiation then. Any other consoles that are effective on multiple enemies?