Career Officer
# 11
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I took the reason for the maquis falling in line was based on Chakotey's choices. He was their leader and they would follow him anywhere. The reason the two crews merged so well was because of Janeway and Chakotey, their leadership styles actually merged, and the crews themselves saw past their differences and and realized 70 years is 70 years, no matter what side you are on. What happened is more realistic to me, even with seska and a few doing their own thing. That was realistic. In the episode's scorpion, someone mentioned that was what the show was supposed to be like and never was. The khazon deserted the voyager crew on a planet. The stranded feeling and alone feeling was there for me the whole time. But it could not have worked for me if the entire time their voyage was a gauntlet.
Career Officer
# 12
03-25-2013, 08:19 PM
While writing-wise Voyager was probably the least-excellent series, I did thoroughly enjoy it and I do rewatch the entire series (along with all the others, and the films.)

Voyager brought us the three sexiest women in Trek: Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, and Voyager herself. I love that ship.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Empire Veteran
# 13
03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
While writing-wise Voyager was probably the least-excellent series, I did thoroughly enjoy it and I do rewatch the entire series (along with all the others, and the films.)

Voyager brought us the three sexiest women in Trek: Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, and Voyager herself. I love that ship.
You're forgetting T'pol she was sexier than Belaanna
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Career Officer
# 14
03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Voyager got under my skin mainly because of it's blatant political correctness, especially in the first two seasons. Once they ditched Jeri Taylor as a producer the series improved greatly.
Career Officer
# 15
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
Voyager got under my skin mainly because of it's blatant political correctness, especially in the first two seasons. Once they ditched Jeri Taylor as a producer the series improved greatly.
Im interested in what you mean. I understand what you are saying but what are some examples. I never picked up on that stuff so I am just interested.
Captain
# 16
03-25-2013, 08:47 PM
If Voyager had continued it would have been good it only hit its stride in the last 2 seasons and there are quite a few stinker episodes and then there are a few that are so stunning that they are true art.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-26-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
03-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixhex View Post
Im interested in what you mean. I understand what you are saying but what are some examples. I never picked up on that stuff so I am just interested.
The crew primarily. Woman captain, Native American first officer, black vulcan, asian ops officer, Latina half-klingon engineer, white helmsman, hologram doctor,and a troll morale officer. I almost expected an Aborigine and a midget at one point. I realize that Trek is supposed to be about overcoming differences and working together, but it was a bit blatant.

The 'we're going to stick to Fed ideals even if it screws us' philosophy in the early episodes was a bit annoying. Fortunately Janeway became a bit more pragmatic later in the series.
Career Officer
# 18
03-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
The crew primarily. Woman captain, Native American first officer, black vulcan, asian ops officer, Latina half-klingon engineer, white helmsman, hologram doctor,and a troll morale officer. I almost expected an Aborigine and a midget at one point. I realize that Trek is supposed to be about overcoming differences and working together, but it was a bit blatant.

The 'we're going to stick to Fed ideals even if it screws us' philosophy in the early episodes was a bit annoying. Fortunately Janeway became a bit more pragmatic later in the series.
Oh yeh, I see. That's funny. And I am watching a horrible episode now, Nemesis. I have fallen asleep through it and dont even care what I missed. This one sucks.
Captain
# 19
03-26-2013, 08:01 AM
My main dislike of VOY was it seamed like a rehash of TNG.
DS9 for me was the best series of all due to the deconstruction of the Federation, including any hypocrisy.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 20
03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:

The there is the title character, that ship was too powerful. It may as well have been the magic school bus. The ship would be devastated in battle one episode and by next week it was all brand spanking new again. I would have liked to have seen the sets look scuffed and worn as the series went on. They came by supplies too easily and the only sacrifice seemed to be eating Neelix's cooking.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-26-2013 at 08:22 AM.