Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Are you serious? The dev's thought it would be funny to cause this issue on people's computers. Since you are the only person in the world who is having this issue, and since there is no other possiblity of what is causing this issue, the devs consipred against you.

I have other things to say, but I will jsut shut my mouth before I et banned.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irtsuki View Post
i would most defenitly check your electrical outlets. were you on a surge protector? if so was it old?

they were both on surge protectors. the funny thing is, the protectors are ok and didnt reset. Both the protectors are different too...
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicurdum View Post
they are both on surge protecters... BTW **** is not an older game lol
well ... the US version anyway <evil grin> but seriously its one of the weirdest facts people spend hundreds on graphic cards, mother boards etc and yet often go for the cheapest option when it comes to psu. yet a bad psu failure can break everything else in the case ....

Gadareth
Lt. Commander
# 24
Dude, it isn't possible! If your electrical systems are on the fritz that will be the problem. If your computer overloaded try cleaning out your fans and see how dusty they are. The more pressure the more cooling and as a result, it can cause it to overheat or crash. It is highly unlikley a piece of software would damage a pc esp with your specs or unless there is extential demand on it from another source, alternatively faulty equip.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2010, 09:33 AM
use a surge protector, lol

edit: oh you use one

couldn't tell ya. i am running the game fine on a two year old laptop geforce 8400, 1gb ram, 1.66 core duo
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonster
hehe

this game has the power to blow a power supply?

that is freaking AWESOME !!!!!!

I'm gonna install it on my ex-wifes computer.

You sir, are my new best undiscovered friend. I qoute this in the name of epicness. You are win sir. You are win.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonster
hehe

this game has the power to blow a power supply?

that is freaking AWESOME !!!!!!

I'm gonna install it on my ex-wifes computer.

Ohhh that gives me evil ideas for my ex-wife tooooo MMMMMUUHHHAAAAAAAAA...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadareth View Post
well ... the US version anyway <evil grin> but seriously its one of the weirdest facts people spend hundreds on graphic cards, mother boards etc and yet often go for the cheapest option when it comes to psu. yet a bad psu failure can break everything else in the case ....

Gadareth

yeah, i guess ill just wait for my new PSU to come in the mail, buy a new surge protector, and try to find a different outlet... if that doesnt work then im really going to get angry.... still sucks i cant play beta tho, i been waiting for this game for like 5 years
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOSlayer View Post
Dude, it isn't possible! If your electrical systems are on the fritz that will be the problem. If your computer overloaded try cleaning out your fans and see how dusty they are. The more pressure the more cooling and as a result, it can cause it to overheat or crash. It is highly unlikley a piece of software would damage a pc esp with your specs or unless there is extential demand on it from another source, alternatively faulty equip.
re read what i posted, both my comps are spotless because i take really good care of them, and the electrical system in this place has never given me any problems the entire time i have lived here

i am actually about to call resident services to come instept my outlets, ill keep you posted on the results
Lt. Commander
It's not always the wattage that makes a psu capable or not. You should make sure you buy a psu from a reputable manufacturer, like Seasonic or Antec. I'm running something like a Seasonic 650Watt supporting a Q6600@3.3GHz, a Gf260GT, 4GB Ram, and multiple HDs with no problem. A good source of reliable PSU reviews would be Hardocp.com