Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
i'll tell you from what i am hearing this has been a great example of how obsolete in store purchases are now. everyone the went through D2D or steam had no problems it looks like everyone how bought from in store is getting hammered. this will deffinately be the last game i buy in store.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Let it be known also, i have no plans to give up on this, i have had really high hopes for this game and have been following it and a site member since May2009 i just wanted to let the devs know there are a lot of ****ed people on the forums. Remember everyone that this is just a beta so its gonna have problems. thats whats its suppossed to happen and i am glad we are hammering them out here instead of when the head start comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
It doesnt seem to be a fault of theirs, I dloaded it lastnight in a couple of hours.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspotswood View Post
i agree completely. I am a fileplanet subscriber. It still took me about 6-7 hours to download this game last night. I wake up thismorning to find that the setup file is corrupt and wont load properly. I am a huge Star Trek fan, but like alot of other people I think the last good one to come out was Bridge Commander. If you guys don't get your *hit together and do something about this, that will still be the last good one to come out.

COME ON!
FilePlanet downloads are alwys corrupt. Its nothing but scam.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
So i just check my download at home and using the STO downloader thats been going since 0700 it is at 2% and going at .56mb/sec i tried atomic gamer also but the wait is 30 min so i'll see if that loads any faster
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi guys It could very well be your broadband. I downloaded mine from fileplanet sunday and was fine. Ok it was downloading between 58k and 350k but then theres a huge ammount of fans downloading, which is why Cryptic are selling it on a disk, for those with issues. Im not flaming i'm suggesting a possibility. Also try your broadband connection at the site below. I have no idea if it works outside the UK but give it a shot. It will tell you on packet loss/ line condition etc

http://www.pingtest.net/
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
return your preorders and buy it on steam, then you can start download, pause it, comp restarts? no problem resumes back where it is. and its free unlike fileplanets premium scam.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riugoth
return your preorders and buy it on steam, then you can start download, pause it, comp restarts? no problem resumes back where it is. and its free unlike fileplanets premium scam.

This gets my vote. I'm cancelling my 25 pound order and placing one with steam for 40. This is crazy, but I'm starting to **** off my family with all the scottish expletives coming out of me each time the loading fails at 10% after yet another failed attempt to sort it. I've been downloading permanently since Saturday night now!

faaa yaa yii bassa (say it really quickly everytime it crashes, it helps)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't blame Cryptic for Fileplanet's shortcomings. I DLed through D2D and it took a total of 2 hours including install and patch.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspotswood View Post
i agree completely. I am a fileplanet subscriber. It still took me about 6-7 hours to download this game last night. I wake up thismorning to find that the setup file is corrupt and wont load properly. I am a huge Star Trek fan, but like alot of other people I think the last good one to come out was Bridge Commander. If you guys don't get your *hit together and do something about this, that will still be the last good one to come out.

COME ON!
Your cat five cables are either bad or fileplanet's upload service is so weak that it is making the transfer corrupt. Its their incentive to pay for the high download speed they offer through subscription. If you don't like fileplanet's style of business and paying for servers (which is to make money, yes it may sound strange to you) then you should download somewhere else, lots of other places. D2D gave me 8 gigs in 1.5-2 hours.

SO COME ON! DO YOUR HOMEWORK.