Rihannsu
# 21
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Then the solution is to ADD an EC value to BOffs. I've noticed they do have a Dilithium value thou, but I have no idea how to sell them for Dilithium.
short answer: you can't...or at least no one's found a way to do so
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 22
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
Well, I'm happy something is being done about it. On the other hand, I'd still like to be able to, say, buy an expensive KDF item on my FED main (because he might be the only toon with enough resources) and then send it to the right KDF toon (or vice versa).

That leads me to think that a filter letting me choose which faction (including "all" option) I'm looking for would be far more useful.

(Also there's the issue of common doffs used for starbases, where faction has no meaning.)
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Community Moderator
# 23
03-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
Does this also mean that we won't be able to ship DOFF's cross-faction to alternate characters and use those to complete Projects?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 24
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Can you just add a faction drop-down? I like buying cheaper fed doffs for sacrificing to my starbase.
Career Officer
# 25
03-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
That's going to make the prices of Doffs skyrocket KDF-side (and likely Rom-side too) where Fed ones are frequently used to fill Fleet projects.

No everyone has a bottomless pool of Fleet Credits to buy Doffs to grind into Fleet projects and currently common Security Doffs are going for around 50,000 each.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Rihannsu
# 26
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
That's going to make the prices of Doffs skyrocket KDF-side (and likely Rom-side too) where Fed ones are frequently used to fill Fleet projects.

No everyone has a bottomless pool of Fleet Credits to buy Doffs to grind into Fleet projects and currently common Security Doffs are going for around 50,000 each.
Um.... You would still be able to mail them to yourself.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 27
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
and currently common Security Doffs are going for around 50,000 each.
i remember when the fleet system first came out, and most commons were going for around 900K apiece...yep, that's right, commons were going for as much as some purples

'twas a good time to sell and make a killing if you weren't in a fleet, or even if you were
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 28
03-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Instead of that, could you make it a setting on the exchange so that by default it doesn't show up, but *can* show up?

There's a lot of stuff I buy on my main Fed engineering character for my klingon faction characters- doffs, mirror ships- all sorts of stuff, and being unable to buy them when I want to is going to be really annoying.

As a related issue, many of the KDF fleets rely on being able to buy large quantities of common fed doffs off the exchange to feed into their starbases (since there's so much more than klingon commons, due to the disparity between the player counts).

It's going to be *even worse* for the romulans, and removing this functionality may well *permanently* cripple these factions development. With that in mind, having a setting to search *by faction* would be much preferable as opposed to just restricting non-faction search results.
Career Officer
# 29
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
DON'T like...
i CAN buy white FED DOffs on the exchange to contribute to KDF Starbase = USEFUL!
often at much lower prices than the same KDF DOffs.

I just want to clearly see what faction an item belongs to.
Rihannsu
# 30
03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
See?

This is when you ask for them to "fix" things ... now they are made WORST!

When will you people STOP asking for things? you wanted more things for the Guild and what we got? a near bottomless resource sink designed to favor the few.

Even a dog learns to not put his nose in the fire ...