Captain
# 31
03-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
Sounds great.

With the current system can be a real PITA at certain times to find a certainb type of doff. (e.g. 0 KDF refugees or 0 Fed prisoners listed under the first 400 entries). And who cares about the prices going up? Most people don't seem to know that you can contribute cross-faction anyways.

I just hope those engineers aren't the same "top-men" that were sent out a year ago to fix the T4 marauding boffs.
Captain
# 32
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Sounds great.

With the current system can be a real PITA at certain times to find a certainb type of doff. (e.g. 0 KDF refugees or 0 Fed prisoners listed under the first 400 entries).
And who cares about the prices going up? Most people don't seem to know that you can contribute cross-faction anyways.

I just hope those engineers aren't the same "top-men" that were sent out a year ago to fix the T4 marauding boffs.
The fact that I know that (orange fact) makes Borticus' comment not too great. You're gonna have to buy doffs on other toons and resending them if you want cheaper fed ones for KDF starbases. That's rather a step back than forward.

I hope those guys work rather on a on/off filter than than a faction restriction of items and Bort just didn't elaborate.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 33
03-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
The fact that I know that (orange fact) makes Borticus' comment not too great. You're gonna have to buy doffs on other toons and resending them if you want cheaper fed ones for KDF starbases. That's rather a step back than forward.

I hope those guys work rather on a on/off filter than than a faction restriction of items and Bort just didn't elaborate.
You know, I get most of my doffs for adding to starbases by doing the academy recruiting missions.

This might not be what people want to hear, but maybe actually playing your KDF characters and doing those missions, and others, and generating more doffs is better for the player ecology to begin with.

And if you're not playing your KDF character, why do you need doffs to submit to a starbase for characters you don't play?

More players playing KDF, generating KDF stuff, would lead to lower prices.

Less players playing KDF, taking short cuts, leads to less KDF stuff generated, leads to higher prices.

Captain
# 34
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
You know, I get most of my doffs for adding to starbases by doing the academy recruiting missions.

This might not be what people want to hear, but maybe actually playing your KDF characters and doing those missions, and others, and generating more doffs is better for the player ecology to begin with.

And if you're not playing your KDF character, why do you need doffs to submit to a starbase for characters you don't play?

Less players playing KDF, taking short cuts, leads to less KDF stuff generated, leads to higher prices.
As a rule, I don't buy doffs for Starbases. And I actually tend to play my KDF toons more than FEDs, they're just more likable.

But I hate having possibilities taken from me, even if it means some new ones may arise. Moreso when a "simple" filter could add possibilities without taking anything away.

EDIT: Euh, sorry it seems directed at you, USSUltimatum. Wasn't really meant to. I know you weren't directing your post at me either.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 03-28-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 35
03-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
As a rule, I don't buy doffs for Starbases. And I actually tend to play my KDF toons more than FEDs, they're just more likable.

But I hate having possibilities taken from me, even if it means some new ones may arise. Moreso when a "simple" filter could add possibilities without taking anything away.

EDIT: Euh, sorry it seems directed at you, USSUltimatum. Wasn't really meant to. I know you weren't directing your post at me either.

No worries.

I understand the appeal of this, I've used on occasion myself.

I just wonder if it's unhealthy for the KDF faction, as it's part of a larger self-sustaining population <> resource issue.

Rihannsu
# 36
03-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
...Most people don't seem to know that you can contribute cross-faction anyways...
Ya. I didn't know that. Huh. Interesting. Will keep that in mind.

Though, to be honest/fair, it seems to me it's an unintended "feature" - ie a bug. It certainly doesn't make sense that a KDF Starbase would use Federation officers for it's staffing requirements (or vice versa). That's silly. I wouldn't be surprised to see that ability go away. Clearly it'll make some people unhappy. People above are complaining already that they'll have to take extra steps to use this... dare I say... "exploit" so easily when they can't buy crossfaction, and will have to buy on one toon and mail to their other faction toon. Having to spend more on rarer KDF common DOffs will really hurt.

Personally, while I'll be happy to see the "fix" Borticus mentioned be put into place, if it's just a hardcoded feature, then I'll miss the convenience of being able to buy items on my Main, richer, Fed toon for my KDF toons, when they need it. S'ok though. Most often I would put the item in my Account Bank for them to p/u... Now I'll just have to send the credits to them that way instead.

Still, ultimately, would be nice if not seeing/seeing crossfaction items were a filterable choice or option, rather than a hardwired aspect of the exchange.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
# 37
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

Even with every KDF player doing that, there's no guarantee the DOFF prices would get cheap enough to be worth it. Because the sheer number of Fed players generates heaps of DOFFs a day, keeping the price, for the most part, very cheap for those whites.

Rihannsu
# 38
03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
It would not.

KDF is short staffed and try to get a PvE queue going up on FA ... the only one that might trigger in less that a hour is Gorn Minefield.

Supply and demand will always put Fed ahead because they offer a larger supply due to generation and they also finishing most of the projects or just dont care.

This move only serves for one thing ... selling the Personal Bank and force KDF players to play their Fed characters.
Rihannsu
# 39
03-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Even with every KDF player doing that, there's no guarantee the DOFF prices would get cheap enough to be worth it. Because the sheer number of Fed players generates heaps of DOFFs a day, keeping the price, for the most part, very cheap for those whites.
It's a balancing thing though.... the ratio between supply and demand is more important than the total amount of the commodity.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
Please don't do this.

Very often I'm on my Fed and I spot a Doff that my KDF wants or is very cheap.
I don't want to have to change characters to buy it.

Give us the option to filter. Don't filter for us.