Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
So, I was trying to figure out how to get more of my BOFFs to appear on my bridge. It seemed rather random.

I currently have the following setup:
Active BOFF:
- Commander Tactical - Romulan A
- Lt. Commander Tactical - Romulan B
- Ensign Tactical - Romulan C
- Lt. Science - Human Sci A
- Lt. Engineer - Saurian A

Active BOFF (shuttle):
- Breen

Away Team:
- Borg Sci A
- Jem'Hadar Tac A
- Human Sci A
- Saurian Eng A

Department Heads:
- First Officer - Human Tactical A
- Engineering - Saurian A
- Operations - Human Engineer A
- Science - Human Sci A
- Medical - Human Sci B
- Tactical - Andorian Tactical A
- Security - Human Tactical B

From the Defiant bridge, I had the following on my Bridge (I believe):
Romulan A
Romulan B
Romulan C
Human Sci A
Human Sci B
Saurian Eng A

Where are the rest of my Bridge officers and Department Heads?

I picked up the Sovereign bridge pack and picked the Zimmerman (appeared to have the most chairs and stations out of all of the other bridge packs). And then it gets a bit crazier.

From the Zimmerman bridge (Sovereign pack) here's what I'm seeing:
Romulan A (active BOFF)
Romulan B (active BOFF)
Romluan C (active BOFF)
Andorian Tactical A (Tactical Department head)
Human Sci A (active BOFF and Science Department head)
Human Sci B (Medical Department head)
Saurian Eng A (active BOFF and Engineering head)
Human Eng A (Operations head)
Engineering Officer A (generic officer automatically created to fill available spaces?)
Engineering Officer B (generic officer automatically created to fill available spaces?)
Breen (shuttle BOFF)
Borg Sci (accolade reward)
Reman Sci

What's going on here? It seems like the Zimmerman bridge gives a minimum of 4 BOFFs from each station, with the exception of Tactical. That would most likely explain why I have 2 generic Engineering Officers when I only have two Engineering BOFFs in my available BOFFs. Apparently, it will also pull BOFF that I'm not even using (hence the Borg and Remen Sci BOFFs, with the exception of the Borg BOFF being in the away team).

But the Breen officer? I thought maybe it was because unique BOFFs would appear on the bridge. But, if that were the case, where is the Jem'Hadar officer?

And where the hell are my Security department head and First Officer? You'd think they'd be on the bridge (especially since I have open consoles and chairs). While the seating arrangements is random, I'm consistently seeing the same BOFFs on the bridge. So, they aren't chosen at random.

Has anyone figured out how BOFF placement on your bridge works?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Each one has a fixed number of stations per department - Unity gives 4 of each, for example. One other bridge gives 4 of each, others give up to 4 of each depending on the bridge. If you have less boffs than that, you'll see generic NPCs instead.

If you have more than that number, it doesn't care which ones you have assigned where. It *seems* to be mostly by how long you've had them - trading a tactical officer for training and then getting him back, he dropped off my bridge and was replaced by my Jem'hadar. There's other factors or exceptions or something, though, because I've done the same with other boffs and had the returned boff still on the bridge.

Photonic boffs never show up on the bridge. They might not be the only ones, but they're the only ones I'm aware of.

Location on the bridge seems entirely random - while I have the same set of 4 each on the bridge every time I go there, they move around every time.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
spots on the bridge will only be replaced by boff's of the same department, and as you pointed out, seating can be a little odd at times. unfortunately your bridge is the only place BOffs can show up. now if they could have the rest of them mingling with the crew in their departments areas, or mess hall, i think that'd be neat instead of always seeing random crewmen.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 4
03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
My Andorian Tactical officer I had for a very long time, so that may make sense why they are on the bridge.

But I thought I had my First Officer longer than the Breen, Reman, and Borg. I'm pretty sure I had the Jem'Hadar BOFF longer than those three as well, as I started playing when the game went F2P. I think I had my Security Department head longer than those three as well, but I can't say for sure.

For the Zimmerman bridge, it seems like it has the following:
4x Engineering BOFFs
4x Science BOFFs (Human Sci A, Human Sci B, Reman, Borg)
5x Tactical BOFFs (Romulan x3, Andorian Tactical, Breen)

I can't think of any reason why the Breen officer is there, except that they are my shuttle captain.
Captain
# 5
03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
i think it also has to do with who is geared. i notice who is on my bridge changes depending on who i have fully geared and in my away team. they tend to appear more then ungeared Boffs
Captain
# 6
03-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
i think it also has to do with who is geared. i notice who is on my bridge changes depending on who i have fully geared and in my away team. they tend to appear more then ungeared Boffs
Interesting.

I'll have to check this. I know my Jem'Hadar BOFF is in my away team, so he is fully equipped. However, he's not showing up on my bridge either.

But, I will check my Tactical, Security, and First Officer. They are probably not geared.
Captain
# 7
03-27-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't think it's the gear. All of my BOFF have gear on.
Career Officer
# 8
03-27-2013, 08:45 AM
The bridge determines the amount from each department that show up. Who actually shows up is completely random, aside from the "number per department" thing.

This is easily seen if you have a large number of unique BOffs (Reman, Borg, Jem'Hadar) as their absence/presence are very noticeable. My Photonic Tactical officer from the Lobi store has shown up manning a Tactical station before, which is always weird as he's the only one in full armor.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
You ought to try the new andy bridge. Alot of forethought went on there, 2 Boffs show up, no rest of the ship decks, and no way to change to a bridge that has all of those things.
Captain
# 10
03-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
The bridge determines the amount from each department that show up. Who actually shows up is completely random, aside from the "number per department" thing.

This is easily seen if you have a large number of unique BOffs (Reman, Borg, Jem'Hadar) as their absence/presence are very noticeable. My Photonic Tactical officer from the Lobi store has shown up manning a Tactical station before, which is always weird as he's the only one in full armor.
But it's not really random. Every time I go to the bridge, the same BOFFs show up.

I have 7 Tactical officers, 2 Engineering officers, and 4 science officers in total. Every time I got to the bridge, I do not see my First Officer or Security department head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire1980 View Post
You ought to try the new andy bridge. Alot of forethought went on there, 2 Boffs show up, no rest of the ship decks, and no way to change to a bridge that has all of those things.
I just want to see all of the BOFFs I actually have doing something.