Captain
Just in case anyone wondering, that was from a chinese idiom (full version is "one would rather be a chicken's beak instead of a cow's bottom"), meaning it's better to be high up of somethign small instead of at the bottom rung of something large

So right now, I am at Rank 6 in the KDF fleet, and for all intent and purpose I have quite a bit of access to everything. The fleet I am in is a level 12 fleet, with dil mine 0, embassy 1, and sb 3.

recently my Rom-KDF alts had been invited to another KDF fleet, which have lowerfleet xp but higher level in all facilities. Now, being an alt, my Rom-KDF is at the bottom, and I am not certain how fast I will get promoted.

If I feel that my KDF fleet is evolving, I am fine, but it seems that only I and may be just a few members are grinding to fleet marks to do the dil mine.

So what I am wondering is that is it time to leave the fleet and join my alt's fleet, just ignore it (as use the fleet bank like some extra storage space, or stay because it's honorable?

Last edited by jestersage; 07-27-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-27-2013, 06:50 PM
It really depends on what kind of benefits those ranks actually give you. A lot of fleets, once you get past the occasional probation period, have similar access to bank, provisions, and events. However, some put tighter restrictions on those things until you reach higher ranks. You really need to know specifics of this stuff to weigh your decision - just the size and holding advancement might end up being moot if you're not really getting anything back for your contribution.

Just being a lower rank doesn't always mean anything in a fleet, so being high in a small fleet and low in the large fleet may give the same benefits (or at least the benefits you're most interested in). In that sense, the larger fleet with the better prospects for holding advancement might be more attractive.

The honor or loyalty aspect is... Well, that's something pretty personal. You have to ask yourself about that.

Last edited by hevach; 07-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Captain
# 3
07-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Ok, another figure: Most of the time, I see about 4 people in my fleet online at most.

Last edited by jestersage; 07-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2013, 03:05 AM
You go with the people who want to run content with you and talk to you. It's all well and good being in a large successful fleet, but if you don't talk to them or ever run as a group then you may as well be solo.

I moved to Fed to join a tiny fleet with friends and it's the best idea ever. No resources but we have a strong sense of working together as we work on getting the starbase up.
========================================
SABLE SQUADRON ~ Caitian Engineer
The bigger the ship the better.
Career Officer
# 5
07-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikev View Post
You go with the people who want to run content with you and talk to you. It's all well and good being in a large successful fleet, but if you don't talk to them or ever run as a group then you may as well be solo.

I moved to Fed to join a tiny fleet with friends and it's the best idea ever. No resources but we have a strong sense of working together as we work on getting the starbase up.
This. I have been in several large fleets both at the top and at the bottom and the most fun I've had personally is in the small fleet I'm in now (I'm at the top in this one). It's populated by 12 people most of whom are friends I know in real life and we get on great. Sure we will never have the biggest base in the fastest time but its more about the companionship and the journey of building the base then completing it.

Just my two credits. Cheers.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.