Career Officer
# 61
07-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminationshock View Post
Nice...I have the Tachyokinetic Converter and a RCS Accelerator and this thing turns on a dime with barely any drift. I get the proper firing solution ahead of the opponent almost all the time. I haven't done my usual tweaking yet so in time I hope to improve my current build.

It's like you roll up on a Klingon carrier in this little tiny ship all demure and stuff...switch to beast mode and you start flying rings around them and hitting them from every angle with every manner ordinance and BO abilities before they know what hit them. LOL
I was thinking about increasing turn on the Nova but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the limited console space. With single cannons I can broadside people. I have no SNB being an engineer and Energy Siphon and tractor beam have a 360 degree arc. I do carry an APO which I use to support dps but really to escape TBs and other holds as well as a PH. The only time I need to face someone is for subsystem targeting with my DBB but I may try a Single beam array too.

One thing I love about my set up is im practically impervious to a single Sub Nuke. I feel the pressure and I RSP, get nuked, then RSF+Sci team. And I haven't used Miracle Worker yet. Nuked again? Then MW and attempt to escape or at least maneuver out of there firing arc

Last edited by edalgo; 07-19-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Career Officer
# 62 This
07-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Sorry - not PvP related, I know - but nonethess, probably one of the most underestimated ships in the game.
Who knew?
Captain
# 63
07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
As a side note: The Nova could be a pretty nice healer with it's Sci slots and AP: Delta 2.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 64
07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
As a side note: The Nova could be a pretty nice healer with it's Sci slots and AP: Delta 2.
Not quite. With only a Lieutenant level engineering boff seat, you are really limited in the number of engineering heals you can pass along.

Nova for heals:
EPtS - Aux2SIF

TSS - Hazards - TSS - Gravwell
ST1 - Hazards
PH

Recluse for heals:
EPtS - EPtS - Aux2SIF - Aux2SIF
ET1 - RSP - ExtSh

TSS
- Hazards - TSS
Hazards

Notice the difference in the amount of heals the Recluse can give out due to the plentiful Engineering boff seats.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 07-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Captain
# 65
07-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Not quite. With only a Lieutenant level engineering boff seat, you are really limited in the number of engineering heals you can pass along.

Nova for heals:
EPtS - Aux2SIF

TSS - Hazards - TSS - Gravwell
ST1 - Hazards
PH

Recluse for heals:
EPtS - EPtS - Aux2SIF - Aux2SIF
ET1 - RSP - ExtSh

TSS
- Hazards - TSS
Hazards

Notice the difference in the amount of heals the Recluse can give out due to the plentiful Engineering boff seats.
No doubt, the Recluse is hands down the best healer in the game, bar none.

The Nova is unique in that it can slot Delta 2 and still have good heals... and don't doubt the power of Delta

Aux to SIF 1, SciTeam 3, 2x TSS 2, 2x HE 1, Delta 2... pretty decent and unique.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 66
07-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Just came back from a 5v5 arena battle.

Final score:
Fleet Nova damage 822k, healing 150k

The damage score was higher than any of the players on both sides! Quite a few kills are also by my Nova.

Astounding ship.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!