Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I'd like to play this BoP fullworthy but as it stands now its either ditch the boffs on this ship (Which nerfs their damage even further compared to other BoPs), or dont use Enhanced cloak (Viral, scramble, fire torp in cloak) at all.

Any word on a fix perhaps Borticus? Thanks.
Captain
# 2
03-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I hardly play my KDF character because of this.

It's boring. And I've already dismissed my older BOFF for this one.
Captain
# 3
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
It doesn't affect federation ships therefore it will never be addressed.

How do we know this?

You still decloak when your boffs talk to you in space. 2+ years running bug.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Is this about the Stealth values, or is something wrong with the ambush buff that I don't know about?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 5
03-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Is this about the Stealth values, or is something wrong with the ambush buff that I don't know about?
I think what they're getting at is since B'Rel's are practically meant for a permacloak build, adding in the Romulan boffs makes +cloak stacking way too easy. You'd have to make a build specifically for cloak detecting (and thus probably gimp your ship at doing anything else).
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Whats wrong with it? The Subterfuge trait is supposed to improve cloaking abilities, including the B'rel enhanced battle cloak. Don't ruin the fun of this ship by talking about this and getting it nerfed.
Captain
# 7
03-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
From what people are telling me, equipping the Subterfuge (or superior) boffs, the B'rel enhanced cloak basically keeps you cloaked even if you fire your torpedos while in enhanced cloak mode, or viral, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds. (For others to be able to target you)

Thats basically the main issue with the brel. Its really frustrating if you want to fly the ship (For any reason, my reason is purely cosmetic) and people complain its broken.

What I also heard (Cant say if the sources are reliable tho) that the devs know about this and already said a month ago they would fix it.

But I guess the stealth values also affect the time of the decloak when using an ability in Enhanced Battlecloak?
If thats simply the case then the enhanced cloak decloak/recloak time when using an ability in enhanced cloak should simply be seperated from stealth values.

But I dont think this is the case, something else must have affected it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Whats wrong with it? The Subterfuge trait is supposed to improve cloaking abilities, including the B'rel enhanced battle cloak. Don't ruin the fun of this ship by talking about this and getting it nerfed.
I can understand this, but you are probably mixing up the normal stealth strength of the cloak versus the enhanced cloak function, again with Subterfuge boffs you simply cant be seen at all when using viral, scramble, fire torps, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 03-28-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Captain
# 8
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Is it still applying the stealth to the various attacks as well? I can't remember...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
From what people are telling me, equipping the Subterfuge (or superior) boffs, the B'rel enhanced cloak basically keeps you cloaked even if you fire your torpedos while in enhanced cloak mode, or viral, or anything else that would normally decloak you for a few seconds. (For others to be able to target you)
I thought this might be what people were commenting on, but I ran local testing on this scenario and saw nothing wrong with the interaction of these abilities. You still get de-cloaked each time you fire, leaving the enemy a 2sec window in which to spot you.

If you are seeing otherwise on Holodeck, I need some more thorough steps to reproduce the error. Local multi-client testing has revealed nothing (hah, punny).
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 10
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
I thought this might be what people were commenting on, but I ran local testing on this scenario and saw nothing wrong with the interaction of these abilities. You still get de-cloaked each time you fire, leaving the enemy a 2sec window in which to spot you.

If you are seeing otherwise on Holodeck, I need some more thorough steps to reproduce the error. Local multi-client testing has revealed nothing (hah, punny).
Very well, As soon as holo's back up i will do some testing and see what exactly i observe myself. If you promise to help squash a possible bug or overpowered factor :p